Sign in to follow this  
Guest DVA1966

WX Radar

Guest DVA1966

I am wondering if PMDG has a WX Radar on their 737's. I am wanting to know, because on my plane, all the buttons for the WX Radar are there, but the mouse doesn't turn into a hand when you mouse over them.Thomas Bate

They do not work because there is no weather radar on PMDG's aircraft yet, "yet" as we hope they will in the future but not now..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Guest Wills402

I added reality xp's weather radar so my pmdg has one. :-)Will

Guest DVA1966

How much does the Reality XP Radar Cost?

Guest bobsk8

Go for Active Sky Weather. The fantastic weather and cloud effects will make you wonder why you didn't buy it long ago . It comes with weather radar.

Guest _sebastian_

>I am wondering if PMDG has a WX Radar on their 737's. I am>wanting to know, because on my plane, all the buttons for the>WX Radar are there, but the mouse doesn't turn into a hand>when you mouse over them.>>Thomas BateThey don't and they won't put it in the 747 either. I guess it's not a high priority for them since any weather radar system is, at this moment, a redundant piece of equipment due to the simplistic weather rendition in FS9. Poor weather (e.g wind shear, CAT, icing, Thunderstorms) has never been a true safety issue in MSFS so no true weather warning system is needed either. I understand why PMDG has given it such low priority.Bring on FS10!Regards,Sebastian

Guest pagotan

Hi,Fortunately most advanced weather utilities do not rely at all on the MSFS weather engine. I think some users have mentioned at least two weather utilities in this thread both of which render accurate weather conditions and inject the correct weather datas into MSFS. As to WX radar integration into PMDG and other aircrafts here is a picture taken at Jakarta airport (WIII) today, from a PMDG 737-800 rendering accurate weather conditions as I could see from my window. I guess it demonstrates that integrated weather radar can be done. The real issue, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, is whether such goodie is high on the priority list of the major add-on aircraft developers.Cheers,Michaelhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/104483.jpg

Looks more like Pablo Picasso than the WX radar found on the ng ;-) It can be done but not to PMDG standards, that has been Lefteris' remarks but we have not seen the beta yet so better not speculate until we see if this has changed. RealityXP are the only ones to have made a descent WX radar (that is the logic) all others are purely eye candy if you can call them that ;D [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Hi Randy,I have Active Sky and I'm no weather radar expert in any way but what I've seen I think it seems to do what it should and I think it's quite cool to watch it. But of course it would be even more fun if it actually made any difference in FS what weather you fly in and if you had a real reason trying to avoid real bad weather.Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest mattiassjolund

Will,Can you give me all data on how to fit the wx to the PMDG panel please.... Do you have 800/900 or only 600/700???/m

Guest pagotan

Hi Randy,I personally think Picasso's paintings are of a much higher standard than any weather rendered in any aircraft present or future but that is my personal opinion only and no offence to PMDG if they are going to develop one. As talented as the PMDG developers may be it will be very difficult to be up to Picasso's art level.Maybe I was rushing out when I posted my first message. There was no intention to imply that the program used in that picture is of high standard or of comparable standard to the expectations of the PMDG group. I am sorry if was understood it that way. It was merely to address the issue which comes up once a week at least in this forum one for all of whether a WX radar is conceivable or not. The program used may not be what PMDG is thinking about but I must say it gave a fair representation of the terrible storms we had here yesterday. Of course and I think I mentioned it in my post both Reality XP and AS2004 have the most accurate and advanced technology not only for graphic rendition but also as overall weather data analysis and compilation.Michael

Guest mattiassjolund

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIT REALITY XP TO PMDG 800/900 PANEL...Kind regards/mattias

Hey Michael, I'm with you, just ask Lefteris about my constant naging over a WX radar ;-). It is true that it has been brought up many times and PMDG have been clear that the type of radar they would like to make is simular to Reality XP's version since it is in fact the only one that accurately pinpoints proper formations (this of course is true only if one has FULL clouds selected). It has also been mentioned that the developement of such a radar would require extended amount of time since MS has not given any indications on how to accurately produce one from the SDK so one can understand how a developer can charge full price on WX radar alone. My desire and hope is that PMDG have looked more into this, maybe a co-development with Reality XP or perhaps the new members of the PMDG team have some knowledge to lend to the proper developement for the 744. Sorry if my first reply came across the wrong way, I did not intend to poke fun at your picture or lesson the importance of the discussion.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]

Just out of curiosity, what are the main differences between Reality's wx radar and the wx radar included in Active Sky?

Richard Åsberg