Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Please PMDG--a first rate CRJ or ERJ!

I am a big fan, with the B1900 & 737 series. I sorely need a PMDG commuter jet, preferably a CRJ in United Express colors! Please do consider!Noel

Guest Paul Heaney

Have you checked out Wilco - Feelthere's CRJ and ERJ?

I'm hooked on the quality of PMDG. I have been considering the ERJ, but not totally sold on the idea yet.

Guest Hawkeyeted

Noel,Try going to www.project-erj.comThey have the best quality freeware models. You can download additional liveries and models from right here on AVSIM. Additionally, go to www.fsnordic.net, go to the library, panels>embraer, and dowload Bill Grabowski's ERJ panel for 2004. (It's the last listing. The first is for 2002 if you are using FS2K2). Bill's panel is VERY robust, and pairing it with ProjERJ you'll have the best stuff you can find, and rivals the FeelThereCRJ/ERJ. And, since it's free, its a whole lot lighter on the wallet!

I have the Wilco CRJ and deleted it after about 2 months. If I touched the FMC or tuned the radios by hand, then I would loose all ATC communication. Others reported the same thing on the Wilco forum. Wilco claimed it our set ups and not their plane, but I never have that issue with any others. So... I also would like to see a PMDG regional jet. I'm using the freeware Project Fokker right now, which is fine for freeware, but I really like something a bit more realistic. Mike

Wonderful! I will check that out it sounds perfect.Noel

Guest 2302rs

I have to say that IMHO the feelthere ERJ is a top notch product.In terms of quality and stability I would compare it to PMDGs 737 (which I consider the best FS addon available at the moment).feelthere did the E145 (no 135/140,145XR)only, and the manuals, lets say, leave you with some guessing. But the aircraft itself is thoroughbred.They have learned their lessons from the CRJ.

Guest DannyW

Agree with Raffael - Feelthere ERJ-145 is the highest quality product and certainly there is no need for another one. As for the CRJ - it was not that level of realism that we expect but there's another one being developed by folks related to Flight One and Aerosoft so no need for the third one.I would vote for Dash8-Q400.

Oh man, what a collossal waste of time. I thought I knew what I was doing, but after downloading and following the install instructions carefully, I have spent 1 full hour now rebooting after getting the "can't install erj.gau file" which generates a mandatory reboot. Tried several things, read the cryptic message about FSUIPC and the key for the .gau though I don't have a clue what they are talking about, and all the rest. I have the latest registered version of FSUIPC installed. I guess this is why I don't mind paying for add ons that work outa the box!Thanks for the suggestion, and if you have any insight about getting Grabowski's panel to work, send it on over and I'll try one more time. Very frustrating!Noel

Guest Hawkeyeted

Noel,Did you install the updated erj.gau (panel upgrade to v4.02)?

Noel,The ERJ panel works just fine, but you have to make some entries in your FS9.cfg file that should cure your problems, probably related to the FSSound.dll module. Visit fsnordic.net, go the ERJ support forum, and look at the FAQ topic, which should answer all your questions.Bill

Many thanks for those insights. I had a successful initialization after making the one modification in FS9.cfg.Now, off to take it for a spin. Thank you for your work too, Bill.Noel