Sign in to follow this  
Guest celestar

MD11 suggestions

Guest celestar

Hi, PMDG team,I know u still working very hard on 747-400 and MD-11.. but, can i suggest a little bit something for MD11? I saw the all the screenies of MD11 in your website, and look at them one by one... on the second last pic, which is the cleared for approach, I realised there's something that does not look right to me... The FMA reads LOC ARMED and next to it is LAND ARMED... I have the ITVV Martinair MD11 DVD part 1 and part 2, so I know exactly how it should read in the approach... First when cleared for approach, and the pilot pressed the APPR/LAND button on the mode control panel, the first thing happens on FMA is LAND ARMED above the navigation window (HEADING or NAV1/2)... then, when the localiser is being intercepted, indication will turn to LOC, and the LAND ARMED will move to altitude window.. I'll try to illustrate how it should like... i'm afraid of capturing the picture and post the picture from the DVD in here would be breaking the copyright... I've tried to illustrate it as much as i can.. Hope this helps the team to understand what I'm trying to say LAND ARMED161 THRUST HEADING 215 HOLD 2000 AP2 LAND ARMED161 THRUST LOC HOLD 2000 AP2 LAND ARMED161 THRUST LOC G/S AP2161 THRUST LOC G/S DUAL LAND APDany Setyadihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Danny,We are aware of that. If you take a closer look you will find at least two more "odd things" there. MD-11 development is in an early stage and this is reflected in the screenshots. These are items that simply have not started to do yet. Our sources of information include besides the ITVV video and the JustPlanes DVD, thousands of pages of manuals and some real world MD-11 captains. So be assured that everything you will see on the final product will behave exactly as in the real aircraft.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Although never having ridden in one I have seen them land at LHR so I know EXACTLY the appropriate pitch attitude for each phase of flaps courtesy of my binoculars. I will of course share this with Vangelis and the flight dynamicists ;-)I can also advise on the winds for each approach and how that affected landing, courtesy of poking a wet finger in the air as a precision instrument for gauging wind strength, direction and ambient temperature.I do apologise to the PMDG team however, as without an MD-11 DVD I am afraid I have no status as a systems expert ;-)Jane-Rachel

- Jane Whittaker

Dany,You are VERY observant! Thanks for keeping us on our toes. Personally, sometimes while watching those videos my eyes glaze over, so it's easy to miss such esoterica. I'm almost petrified about the release of the MD-11 if you guys are picking stuff up like this already.Bill :-outta