Sign in to follow this  
Guest oranum

An idea for the 747

Guest oranum

Hello,First of all PMDG let me thank you for making us such great add-ons, can't wait for the 744!I'd like to make a small suggestion for the 744. In our sim world crossing the Atlantic usually just means inputing NATs instead of regular NAVAIDS and fixes... Even if it's not much, how about simulating requests for oceanic clearance via ACARS? I think that just having the page on the FMC and being able to "send" the information about your crossing, and having to wait for that DING DONG with your actuall clearance information (same data just copied back to you in a clearance format), could be a nice addition to the realism of the flight.Would love to hear your thoughtsthanks.

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Hello,>>First of all PMDG let me thank you for making us such great>add-ons, can't wait for the 744!>>I'd like to make a small suggestion for the 744. In our sim>world crossing the Atlantic usually just means inputing NATs>instead of regular NAVAIDS and fixes... Even if it's not much,>how about simulating requests for oceanic clearance via ACARS?>I think that just having the page on the FMC and being able to>"send" the information about your crossing, and having to wait>for that DING DONG with your actuall clearance information>(same data just copied back to you in a clearance format),>could be a nice addition to the realism of the flight.>>Would love to hear your thoughts>thanks.If you really want realism they should upload our clearence right into the FMC.OK, I'll shut up!Regards

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Well, considering PMDG did have a very rudimentary ACARS section on the NG's FMC, I'd say they're toying with the concept. What would be neat is implementation that allows VA's to use the ACARS and create a "virtual" dispatch of sorts.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)