Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

Engine problems

I have been experiencing an intermittent problem whereby I lose throttle input on one of my two PMDG 737-800 engines leaving me with control over only one engine.Has anyone else had this problem and it is a FS2004 or a PMDG problem?ThanksRenzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller

Guest ZOTAN

I have had it happen a few times, on the 700 and 800. Its normally on landing that I can only control one engnine.

Not yet with the 737, but the B1900 joystick controls occasionally revert to only controlling one throttle/prop/mixture. I have a CH Flight Yoke USB. It doens't happen all the time, and I'm not sure how to fix it. The only way to control the unruly controls is to drag them with the mouse.I think it might have something to do with disabling of the autopilot.meh.-stefan

Seems you guys have unintentionally pressed the E key on the keyboard. Which will select engine number 1 for any joystick or keyboard action. The solution in less complex planes is to press E+1 and then quickly 2 for both engines to be selected as per the default FS manual. However. In complex modelled aircraft like PMDG a lot of messages are passed around and it is virtually impossible to get the computer to interpret a sequential keystroke as E+1+2 as a lot of noise gets passed as well.The solution to the problem is to unassign the E key in FS default key assignment menu. Or to use the registered version of FSUIPC which has a solution for "resynching" engines.Hope it helps,

Hi Renzo,I haven't had this problem but my brother has had this problem several times, even with other aircrafts. The problem was not with the PMDG 737s but it was the joystick my brother was using. Ken.

Thanks for the advice all. The problem did occur last night on landing after disengaging the autopilot and engaging reverse thrust.It was my first VATSIM landing and so I was really disappointed when engine 2 didn't respond to my reverse thrust request and I overshot slightly. The approach had gone really well and I was so relieved to have landed safely, I forgot that you haven't really landed safely until you have stopped.I wanted to tell ATC that the overshoot was caused by a technical failure but I didn't so no doubt he thought it was just down to my newbie status.Thanks again.Renzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller