Sign in to follow this  
Pod562

GoFlight GF166 Radio Panel

Simple question. Before I buy GoFlight GF166 Radio Panel, can anyone confirm that they work with PMDG 737 NG. I know some GF modules don't but it is this specfic GoFlight module that I wondered whether anyone had tried.ThanksRenzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller

Yes, I use two for NAV and one for COM and it works perfectly. Especially if you fly on VATSIM or IVAO using GF166 as COM is a life saver (of course regardless of which plane you use)

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Thanks. Thats what I needed to know. One other thing is that I thought from reading the blurb about the GF166 that you could use it simulataneously for COM and NAV by switching somehow between the appications. Do you know if that is possible?That said, I want it mainly for VATSIM flying now that with SB3, you change comms frequency by manually tuning.CheersRenzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller

Yes indeed, you can actually use one GF166 to control NAV1 and NAV2 as well as COM1 and COM2 simultaneously. The button between the two displays change between active and standby frequency while one button under the displays change between NAV1/NAV2 and the other one COM1/COM2.While this works it can get a tad confusing and that's why I have different GF166 for the NAV's and COM. Using a GF166 for Com when Vatsim-flying is indeed very very useful!Edited: I suppose that you refer to the GF-MCP when you say that not all goflight-products works with PMDG. Actually the GF-MCP does work but you will not get the read out on the GF-MCP - you have to rely on what you see on the 737-panel on the screen. You also need FSUIPC to make key assignments for the dials and buttons on the GF-MCP.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Thanks. The GF166 is a tad expensive here in the UK but I think I will buy one anyway in view of your comments.Thanks again.Renzo Nicoletti

Bill Miller

Guest PittsburghII

Hi Krister, Just a quick question before I go ahead and order my radio panels: You are using this with FS2004, right? I couldn't see that FS2004 was supported, only FS2002.Thanks,BoazKSEA