Sign in to follow this  
gavi25

747-400 ILS tuning for approach

Hi there, I have read various members posts about not being able to tune the ils on 747-400 for approach. I have this problem and tried everything that people have said but nothing happens?I have selected the runway on the DEP/APP page but the ils on the NAVRAD page does not tune it, I have tried to enter the ils manually but not quite sure what the course bit means after the runway freq i.e 108.90/xx, where do I get the course bit from?I have entered the route correctly including the dep and arr airports and runways but cannot get the ILS to tune no matter what I try?Can anyone help?Look forward to repliesgavi25

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nameless-(Please sign your name to your posts.... your parents didn't name you gavi25, did they? LOL....)We have made some functionality changes here with the upcoming Service Update (I believe) which will improve the auto-tuning dramatically...In the mean time- manually tuning an ILS is pretty easy:FFF.ff/CCCFFF.ff == FrequencyCCC == Course of the inbound ILS.When I fly around to places where I do not have the navigation charts- I use the MSFS map to find the airport I am interested in- then click on the green ILS fan so that the "about this" menu pops up... it contains the ILS freq. and course information.....(note- if you type in the wrong course- it'll create problems for the approach! be careful!)