Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Have any of you had this issue?

Hi all,I've just installed the PMDG Beech 1900D. I load the aircraft sitting on the runway and advance the throttles. Shortly after taking off, my hard drive locks up and I have to restart the computer. The problem could be in my hard drive but I want to be sure. It hasn't done this any other time except when loading this aircraft. I'm going to try and load another aircraft and see if it still locks up my hard drive. The reason I say it locks up my hard drive is because I can hear it stop and makes a clicking or noise. I hope it's just in the insallation and I wanted to find out if any of you have had this problem, that is, the hard drive locks up and you cannot do anything except restarting the computer. I have Windowx Xp. Ken.

Guest zip

Unlikely related to this aircraft.It could be a number of things:1) hardware issue with the hdd 2) bad scenery file (unlikely)3) if you overclock, you're getting too hot and your system goes south (explains a lot of random lockups)4) an IRQ conflict5) if you use SATA, a chipset problem (happens with SII controllers on windows XP)6) possibly a motherboard issue7) with summer humidity and temperatures, could also be a loose connector8) a video issue (driver, could be overheat) or AGP aperture/memory issueTo test scenery, fly out in a different part of the world.To test video, make sure you have the latest drivers. On BF2, a geometry error on ATI cards locks up the system and causes odd things from happening from clicking as you say to just a frozen screen. Run a benchmark like SiSandra or 3DMark.To test the HD, you can simply run a defrag overnight, that will stop if you hit a bad sector.To test heat, run something like SiSandra and burn load test the system. Make sure your chipset and controller drivers are up to date (check motherboard or PC manufacturer web site). Install current BIOS and system level (chipset) drivers for your system.Reseat all cards and cables (remove/reseat) in case it's a weather related issue.Hope this helps,

Well written Mr. Martin...PS: I love your pushback/taxiing gauge!!!-Mike Patel

Another thing you may take a look at is your power supply. I had the HDD clicking/locking up my computer issue, and bought a new hard drive. That didn't work, so I bought a new motherboard. Still had the problem, so then finally at the advice of some folks, I bought a new power supply. The moment I hooked up the new power supply, my problems went bye-bye... ChuckC-130H Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ | ASUS A8V Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2Pro | WD 120 gig HDD | WD 80 gig HDD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Thanks all,So far, I haven't had any more problems with this issue. I'm backing up all my files now just in case. Thanks Chuck. Yes, I've thought about the power supply that could have caused the problem. Ken.