Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Queen of the Skies Manuals Available...and some news....

Captains-PMDG 747-400 QUEEN OF THE SKIES Manuals:========================================Many months ago I indicated that I would try to make the Operating Manual for the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies available for download prior to product release.During the past three weeks, we have slowly been whittling down the remaining open items on the airplane, and I have used all other available time to wrap the manuals up ahead of schedule in order to make them available to you.They are currently available for download from the PMDG Downloads page, under the Documentation category.The manual is long, detailed and while covering many areas of the airplane in detail I find myself frustrated by the inability to dump all of the knowledge compiled by the PMDG Team, or Technical Advisors and Beta Team into a single document. The 747-400 is a massively complex machine and in spite of my best efforts I do not think I could possibly cover every detail of this magnificent simulation.I've given it my best shot, however- and 385 pages later, at least you have something to read! The manual is provided in a single large PDF file. Those of you who purchase the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies will receive the document broken into chapters for easy use on your computer, or for printing smaller segments if you wish.LIVERIES:=========During the next few days I expect to begin uploading the many liveries that we have prepared for the PMDG 747-400 QUEEN OF THE SKIES. When you see them in the download center, please feel free to download as you wish.There is a chance that a few of the liveries may not be availble on release day as we are checking a few last minute details, and one of our livery artists has been temporarily reassigned to release preparation duties, so he has a few more tasks to accomplish before I can build and upload the livery installers.Have no fear- the remaining liveries and a paintkit will follow as quickly as practicality allows.(And who knows- we might get them all up in time!)WHEN ARE WE GOING TO RELEASE THE PMDG 747-400 QUEEN OF THE SKIES?:==================================================================(See? The best part about being a moderator is that i get to break my own rules and ask the same question that's been asked over and over!) :-)We are currently in a phase of development that we call "Release Evaluation." This means that we are evaluating each subsequent build of the airplane to determine if it is "Release Ready."Once we decide that the airplane is release ready- it will be placed on the server and made available for sale!Effective today we have agreed internally on a release date, but there are obviously dozens of potential pitfalls that could cause this date to move.As such, "No." I'm not going to tell you when it is....At some point soon, I may pop up here to tell you not to make plans for a few days..... Or to plan a long trip (virtually speaking of course!)Then you will know....If you happen to be standing at the gate waiting for your PMDG 747- she has landed and is taxiing to the gate. It won't be long now.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

thanks for this great update. is this manual version the final one? I mean.... can i print it without throwing away some tons of paper or should i wait? :DThank you, Luca

Guest rogueman1585

that's great news robert. It's best we read up before we get to take this masterpiece out into the wild blue yonder. Thank you so much for releasing the manual early and provinding us with this important update.David

Guest Panman

Okay, i have officially started hyper-ventilating. Downloading the manual now (and printing it double sided in colour).panMan

Guest Davies_b

I can see her!! Shes there on taxiway alpha! Another hundred yards or so and she will pull up on gate ready for me to swap crew and take her back out!!!!Great work guys, something tells me, my wife will be a BIT neglected over the coming days, weeks .........and months!!! Better sweeten her up now before release!!!Don't think anyother addon out there is going to come anywhere near close to this. My credit card is armed and ready!!!

Guest thscholz

Looks like there are some folks out there scanning the PMDG site 24 hours per day.:-lol Two threads were posted before the official announcement by Cpt. Randazzo.:-) CheersThomas

Guest jeroen de bruijn

Dear PMDG Team,Yesterday I sat down and wanted to drop you a note asking if the manuals could be released prior to the release of your wonderfull new plane. I decided not to bother you since you must have more important things on your minds these days. I thought I knew the answer. And now this news...... well guys you've made my day.... Thanks a lot.Jeroen

Guest Nigel Tam

Thankyou for the excellent news! I really am excited now!

Hey guys,to release the manual is a big plus point :) I think all of us , who looking into this forum every day, are a little bit more happy than the last few days ! Now we have an employment *gg*But, shortly before I will forget it :I dont know how your families think about your job as delevoper , but they can say: "My Daddy made a great job" ! Of cause, most of your family doesnt simulate in our FS World, but they have seen how many hours you had spent in this project!So , I only want to say THANK YOU for you amasing hard work !

Guest ToMy Li

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!! MY VISA ARMED AND READY!!! GOD COME ON RELEASE IT PLEASE CPT. RANDAZZO!!!! :-hah

Guest Robin.B

Thanks a lot Robert and PMDG, I downloaded the manual straight away :DBTW, you've spelt PMDG wrong ("PDMG") In the name of the PDF file :-lol

Guest deltatango

>The manual is provided in a single large PDF file. Those of you who >purchase the PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies will receive the document >broken into chapters for easy use on your computer, or for printing >smaller segments if you wish.NOOOO!!! The manual in one file is great. No searching around the download area (and then your computer) for each part of the manual when you want to look something up. Just open one PDF file CTRL+F to find what you're looking for.It took me ages to go through the download site and get all the parts of the 737 manual!The seperate parts of the manual would be good for those with slow connections, but it would still be good to have the manual (and others) in one single file.cheers, Darren

Thanks for the update Robert! :DCheersJohan "Whats VNAV?!?!" Adolfsson

Guest morinaga

Thanks a million and half to Robert and the rest of the PMDG team.This is a very very exciting time. Adrenalin is in 100%. Manual is great and we can start training to fly this magnificant queen.Thanks again for the great update and high anticipation for the Queen.:-jumpy :-lol :9 :9 :9 :-newbie