Sign in to follow this  
mozart

747-400 "Domestic" variant - any screenshots?

Some time ago I had posted here and asked whether the 747-400D "domestic" variant was indeed included in PMDG's release, as announced on the PMDG site. I was told that yes, it was going to be done.Now, forgive me for being a little sceptical: I haven't seen any screenshots of either the JAL or the ANA plane (they do look different: ). Maybe someone can post a screenshot here... What makes me more scpetical: the 747-400D probably needs to be modelled at least slightly differently, at least to represent the smaller tanks and the high max payload - and I am simply not sure whether PMDG has gone so far as to do this extra work.On the other hand, I've had so many great surprises with the PMDG 747-400 even before flying it... :-sun1 :-sun1 :-sun1Maybe someone can confirm that the 747-400D is included, and also post a screenshot. If it isn't included, never mind, I'll still buy and love it!!CheersChris

>>I was told that yes,>it was going to be done.Chris,I did a quick search for "domestic variant" or "domestic 747", etc. and I saw a few posts on the subject but I did not see anybody from PMDG saying it would be done. Yes, there was an individual who said it would be done but since he has nothing to do with PMDG I suspect his word is worthless. My gut feeling is that the -D version is not currently in the plans.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Guest ProjectXWinds

Michael,PMDG DID in fact originally seem to be planning to include it. (Earlier 747 product page indicated "GMax 747-400/400D Models").However, I think that this plan has been scrapped to get the product out in sufficent time.

John,yep, you're right, it was on the official PMDG site, this is exactly what I am referring to.Please, Captain Randazzo or someone else from PMDG, could you just give us an "official yes or no"? Either way is fine, I won't blame you for not doing it, the Queen will still be great. Just would like to know.ThanksChris