Sign in to follow this  
Guest pavvyben

This stupid FS2004 and PMDG 747 (fs9.exe and fe.dll)

Guest pavvyben

Hello,I have lost near on 70hours thanks to the both of these, im not sure which is doing right or wrong but as you can imagine its extremley frustrating.This has done this many times and have seen posts on other avsim forums regarding this issue with the PMDG 747. Is it an error, will it be fixed in the 1.03 patch.The Game will crash anytime during a flight, normally near the end and the screen would go blank, still have sound, then it would sometimes show the plane for a spilt second, then dissapear. Sound still present, then it would display "Flight Simulator needs to close, We are sorry for the inconvience message" This would then display in event viewer the fs9 and fe.dll errors)Dell Insiprion XPS Gen 2Intel Pentium M 2.13ghz1gb DDR2 533mhz Ram80gb 5400rpm hard driveNvidia Geforce 6800 Go Ultra PCI Express 256mb17inch Widescreen TFT with 1920x1200That should easily run this game with that addonIve formatted 4 times, written zeros to the hard drive (Low level formatt), reinstalled PMDG 747 numerious times, Reinstalled FS2004 loads of times, Done about every single check possible on it and still can't find the problem. Im addicted to Long hauls :D, so its vital i fix this problem.ThanksBen

More info needed Ben. The actual symptoms of your problem would help for a start.Then:- Other addons, weather, scenery you have installed- Have you installed the interim update?- Have you installed the FS 9.1 patch?Come back with this info for a start, then someone might be able to assist.Cheers!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest pavvyben

I would normally run the followingBAV AcarsActivesky EnhancedFS RealtimeSquawkbox 3Flight Simulator 2004Have the update for FS to FS9.1Not sure about the interim update, ive got V1.02 PMDG 747 that i bought a while back but thats about all i know

Maybe you'd like to check this post, see what gets loaded when it crashes:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=288764&page=I have the same problem, just occurs randomly and I'm also running addons same as yours. My thinking is on either ASVE (weather) or SB3 (aircraft models, which load randomly as you pass other players). Enough said that I have never had a crash on test flights without ASVE and flying offline.

This crash sounds like the classic FS Menu Disappearing CTD.Apart from FS2004 and the 744 what other FS software have you installed?pilotinfo.gif

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest rds_mcleod

>The Game will crash anytime during a flight, normally near the>end and the screen would go blank, still have sound, then it>would sometimes show the plane for a spilt second, then>dissapear. Sound still present, then it would display "Flight>Simulator needs to close, We are sorry for the inconvience>message" This would then display in event viewer the fs9 and>fe.dll errors)Hi, Ben:I suggest you go direct to support for some help. As a suggestion, you might want to try a replacement video card to see if that solves the problem. Do you have the latest drivers for it, blah, blah, blah?