Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

No VOR needles

Guest A32X

Hi,I'm only running the 744 and I've noticed I don't have VOR pointers.But when I select "STA" on the ND it's almost as if it loads the VOR database and then the pointers start appearing!-Paul

Guest theonlyamrad

Lefteris,I can't vouch for anyone elses set up - but i can only tell you that I'm 100%sure that I had no problem before the update. I had the RX500 installed into the Queen about a week after the initial release and it was like that until updating to a new system a couple of weeks ago. Once again on my new system, things worked perfectly again until the update. I fly a lot of VOR approaches and backcourse approaches (and even NDB on occassions). I always tune to local Navaids (if available) before departure. Also when making ocean crossings I emulate an accuracy check (as per "good practice")using nav radio and the fix page. Not once in previous flying was there a problem with the needles. I definately would have noticed it. I'm not saying that you didn't get reports from other users with problems before the update-just that I had 2 installations working properly before it.When you refer to not being able to do anything about other add-ons tweaking stuff - as I said before, no other add-ons have a problem(most notably the NG), only the updated Queen. I don't think it's fair to blame RealityXP.Whatever the problem is on my setup - localisation settings are NOT causing the problem for me. Even with the wx500 gauge references removed and VOR's working perfectly - the localisation settings still change back to the wrong ones, but with no effect on anything on the Queen .Patrick

Guest rysio

Gentlemen,Posts on this topic reminds me of ping-pong game. 5 pages of passing the buck back and forth. Obviously, there is a problem. I do not have installed RealityXP or 737 NG to test but I can tell what I see. Some VOR's work fine but most of them not. I would like to see some progress or at least a plan of the action instead of blaming on third party software add-ons.Ryszard Rudol

Guest 3dhrts

Lefteris,If I understand this long thread correctly, you are not able to fix this problem because you cannot reproduce it on your system. I am wondering if you have tried installing several of the popular addons to try to create the problem on your computer? Then, you might be able to run your debugger and find which addon is interfering with your VOR code. It is not FSInn or Reality XP weather radar because several of us run neither of them and have this needle problem.Thank you for a great product and dedicated user support!Tom

Guest andyman

Whenever i run a non-pmdg product, most of the info menu should blank out. When i load the 767, the 737 options menu in the PMDG drop down becomes availible. HMM weird.,..

Guest theonlyamrad

Almost coming up to a week since my last post on this subject - and also another email in response to an email to support, and it seems like this problem is just being ignored, despite requests from other people. I've tried to give as much detail about what's happening (specifically localisation settings not causing the problem), but no response?Patrick.

Guest BodoM

disregard.___________________________Best RegardsCpt. Bodo M

Guest JeanLuc_

This discussion has been brought to my attention in our forums.Let me try to shed some light about a couple of information posted in the thread. First:REALITY.dll----------Reality XPRXPFLS.dll-------------" " REALITY.DLL is a default FS9 DLL, not a Reality XP DLL. However, RXPFLS.DLL is a Reality XP DLL, but is only used with the Meridian (it is dormant and does nothing when the Meridian is not loaded).The other Reality XP DLL is RxpSrv.DLL. Again, it does nothing if no Reality XP product is running.I can't see anything that could interfere in the Wx500 code in regard to the navigation capabilities of FS. Actually, none of our products are "intrusive" in FS processing: they sure are fetching some data deep inside the running process, but don't "write" any in the back.Anyhow, I sincerely hope you will find the culprit, and if it happens to be effectively related to our products, then we will make sure to take corrective actions (although I strongly doubt the issue is related to Reality XP in this particular case).Hope this helps!Jean-Luc

Guest dirk1000

Hi Jean-Luc,Thanks for take care of this matter.Best regards.Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)