Sign in to follow this  
Guest petermcleland

Just a suggestion for people having troubles...

Guest petermcleland

I'm just going to make this suggestion that has worked well for me.FIRST LOAD of the PMDG...goto the Default Flight of the Cessna at Tacoma. When it settles go Aircraft > Select aircraft and choose your PMDG 747. Now go World > Goto Airport and take her to where you want to keep her for a while...Choose a Gate.When settled at the gate get out Smitty's tutorial and go through the full closing down drills on the last two pages. Then with it properly Cold and Dark Save it with a title like "PMDG at EGLL Cold and Dark". Shut down FS9.Now restart FS9 and select your saved flight...Go through the Smitty drills from the beginning and load and fly the flightplan. You will probably find that everything works perfectly.For all subsequent flights only start at your Saved flight OR other saved flights derived from that one. NEVER again access the PMDG aircraft from the select aircraft menu unless you are in that default flight and you are going to set up a new saved flight. You can jump into your Saved Cold and Dark flight at any time and take it somewhere else and Save it again...These flights will always work.

Guest petermcleland

>>Good tips.>Thank you Michael,I wish more people would adopt the procedure...Then many of the problems we see reported here would not exist :)