Sign in to follow this  
deltafan

Saving Flights

How can I save, then load later, a PMDG flight without resetting the FMC?And when am I supposed to activate LVL CHG and VNAV?

Guest Ohio330

>How can I save, then load later, a PMDG flight without>resetting the FMC? Well, it give a shot at helping you since no one else replied to you. Im still learning, so don't take what info I offer as Gospel.I believe it was stated in another post that flights cannot be saved for resumption later. IE your FL350 and decide to go to bed so you save the flight. You come back the next day and reload the flight and your at FL350, but (im guessing at this point since I havent tried it myself) the FMC either wont have the data loaded from your save, or the FMC will be confused as to what leg your on. If your talking above be at the gate and have data in the FMC, then expect to save it in the FMC so your dont have to reload the flight plan, that cannot be done as well at this time. Don't expect it to be an option any time soon. It was stated that it would basically be a complete re-write of a PMDG plane to have this feature.>>And when am I supposed to activate LVL CHG and VNAV?Still learning, but check the manual on this...Im pretty sure its detailed well. If you got the neccessary 300 blank pages and enough printer ink, its well worth printing it out..makes easy reference while your using the PMDG plane(s)

I'm using the 737NGs. But I'm about to get the 747, and this probably carries over, I'm assuming.

No,The 744 saves ALL the info as well as the FMC info too. It's a much better package than the 'NG' and more advanced for flight sim.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

I second Dave T's comments. Both a/c are super, but the 747-400 has genuine panel and FMC saving abilities that actually do work....!Jonathan