Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Need help - Good webhosting service

Can anyone suggest a good web hosting company? I'm looking to set up a PMDG flying club (I had posted about this a week or so back) and I want to do it properly. Ideally I want the costs of this to come in under $100US a year otherwise I'll have to look at financing the site at least partly through Donations.Bravenet seems a good option at this stage, can anyone comment?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest brettdonahue

Would love to help you set it up. www.sitelutions.com gives you 1.6GB space, 1500 mail accounts, 5 MySQL databases 60GB monthly transfer plus a bunch of other stuff. If you are interested in perhaps doing something jointly, send me an email, I have plenty of space left on my site; and I would love to donate back to the PMDG community.Bretthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Hi,I recently hooked up with ixWebhosting as they've got some good reviews as being well worth the price. They have three hosting plans on both Linux and Windows platforms:Expert Plan (3.95 $/month):2 domains total20 subdomains1 free domain10 Gb disk space2500 email accounts100 Gb/month bandwidthBusiness Plus (6.45 $/month):6 domains total200 subdomains3 free domain20 Gb disk space5000 email accounts300 Gb/month bandwidth50 databasesUnlimited Pro (12.95 $/month):A bit of overkill for you I thinkI signed up with the Business Plus because I needed database support for my forum and photo gallery software. ANd have been very pleased so far. 24/7 support with tickets and live chat. They run their own data center with good capacity.www.ixwebhosting.comHope it helps,

Mark,My friend Dave runs a great hosting service at www.saratogahosting.com - I've hosted my company's site with him for a long time...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

iPowerWeb gives you an amazing deal at $95 a year:10 GB Disk Space250 GB Transfer100 Subdomains2,500 POP3 E-mailsAnd a whole lot of other stuff (including MySQL databases and such) - check it out: http://www.ipowerweb.com/products/webhosting/index.htmlI use them now and have had no problems. If you do have a problem, their support is usually good, although you do have to hold for a while sometimes.

Guys, thanks for all the advice here, have just been away for a week so will look into these options.As for the website concept itself, I have a few things to sort out but once that's done I'll be drawing up some site designs etc. Those who wish to assist: I'll be in touch to discuss in due course. Cheers!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg