Sign in to follow this  
Guest Concordeguy

Flightplans

Guest Concordeguy

How do I start a Flightplan? I bring up the FMC put the two airports in and it says not in database.:-newbie

Hi,1. Please add your name to your posts, forum rules. Thanks. :-)2. What airports are you trying to enter? Let us know and we'll assistCheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Concordeguy

Sorry my name is Christian Aponte (A-PON-TAY) and I am only fourteen and trying to fly from these flightpans:KORD-EGLLRJBB-KSFOKJFK-EGLLTNCM-LFPGThank youChristian A.

From one who is just learning, I recommend starting with short trips to get the hang of how everything works. I like the KLAS-KLAX trip flown by SWA since it takes less than an hour and there's plenty of things going on both departing and arriving. The actual route used by the airline is BOACH2 HEC MITTS2 flown at FL280 (from flightaware.com); you start by entering your from and to locations (KLAS, KLAX) then go to next page of RTE and enter the fix HEC in the top right spot. Next, go to the DEP/ARR screen by pushing that button and select the LAS departure BOACH2 with HEC transition, likewise the LAX arrival MITTS2 with the HEC transition. That gets you started. I assume you know how to get a copy of the SIDs and STAR charts... the nice thing about the short trips is that there are many that begin and end with a SID/STAR sequence with a common fix (such as HEC) that ties them together. Hope I helped.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Christian,All of those are valid ICAO identifiers, so they should work.When you enter the airport codes, are you entering each separate airport code into the ORIGIN and DEST fields on the FMC?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Concordeguy

yes but to get off topic I am trying to get the gate 410 at EGLL with the FMC and I do not know what o do the 747's FMC manual page 14 does not tell me what to do can you help me out it is the topic about Heathrow Pro.

Guest Hawkeyeted

>yes but to get off topic I am trying to get the gate 410 at>EGLL with the FMC and I do not know what o do the 747's FMC>manual page 14 does not tell me what to do can you help me out>it is the topic about Heathrow Pro.I don't think gate entry was modelled in the FMC, even though there is a place holder displayed. You only need enter the origination and destination airports, followed by the planned routing.