Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Re-engineering the NG series.....?

Is there any chance that PMDG would consider re-engineering the NG so that it could save MCP and FMC settings among other things? It's a hugely appealing and useful aspect of their wonderful Queen. I find that I rarely fly the NG now because it requires so much "fiddling" from a saved file to re-program the FMC and the MCP and other control aspects such as autothrottle being turned off when re-loading such a file, etc.Just a thought. Jonathan

I've got to agree with this request. I only fly the 737NG and I have tried saving a departure at the end of a runway so I could practice a particular SID Departure but the FMC has to be re-programmed each time. It would be great to set the aircraft up and then be able to save it in that configuration.Glen

Glen

Guest gremel

I'm hoping that the 'NG' series will be updated in accordance with the upcoming release of "FSX" and brought totally up-to-date. This a/c will be with us.. as I have said many times before on this forum..., for a very long, long time.noullet

Guest gremel

Likewise, it is always reassuring that the dev team is very well aware of this particular request...Thanks for reaffirming any possible convictions of the team..Regards,noullet

I was actually thinking more in terms of updating the NG for FS9 rather than FSX. It's gonna be a year before FSX comes out and at least a year before anybody knows if FS9 add-ons will work properly with it, surely?JS

>>I was actually thinking more in terms of updating the NG for>FS9 rather than FSX. That won't happen. They said before that reengineering NG would be a complete re-write (find relevant threads) and would surely take a year or so putting it well within reach of FSX. It would have to be an FSX product.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

Ah, well, it was a nice fantasy (while it lasted)....Jonathan