Sign in to follow this  
Gwhaarmann

737NG Engine startup

Recently from 737- Cold and Dark it takes both engines quite awhile to startup. They cycle atleast 4-5 times. Is this normal?

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan

Guest dt1951

Please sign your posts.Not quite sure what you asking here. Do you mean that you have just recently had this trouble, but not before? Or is the PMDG new to you? If so, then it does take several seconds for spool up and engine start. Mine seems to be about right, although I admit to not being a real world pilot or maintenance type.

Just a guess but be sure your engine bleeds are off with only the APU bleed on. To accommodate this the air packs should be off during start as any deeicing. Check that your fuel pumps are on. I "cheat" and do not start with the fuel cut-offs engaged since I'm out of hands. Make sure your APU is fully spun up.Check the manual for the correct N1 that the engine should catch on and see if it is following spec.The sound can sometimes be misleading so watch the EICAS by closing the OH view as soon as you engage the start sequence.

Ron Ginsberg
KMSP Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Puddles
rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Support Team

I kind of cheat at the startup myself. For the engine start sequence, I'll first get to the main screen "M", and click on the engine display, which puts that display up above. Then, I hit the "T" button to display the throttle, and then the "O" button for the overhead display. Now I'll have the overhead controls, with the throttle and engine readouts all on the screen. This allows me to click on engine start, move the fuel cutoff switches, and monitor the N2 readouts. Once everything is OK, I can turn on the engine generators, turn off APU bleed, and continue the pre-flight checklist.Ron

Ron Priever

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks for responding1. Sorry about not singing2. Trouble just recently occured.3. I AM new to PMDG4. I takes about 1-2 minutes for engines to start George

George Haarmann

KPHX

Drum & Bugle Corps Fan