Sign in to follow this  
Guest derekb

Saved flights don't store FMC data?

Guest derekb

Hi,I am flying the 737-900 and using the tutorial flight from EDLP to EDDH. I saved my flight midway through so I could practice the landings witohut having to start from scratch each time.When I load the saved flight, the FMC had no active route in it so naturally the FMS was hosed.Did I miss a step in saving, or is just the way it is?Thanks,Derekb

Yeah, pretty frustrating. I have two weeks learning but have created short (~45 min) flights to learn departure, arrival and approach techniques. My flight plans are real world, consisting of SID, FIX and STAR; I have found many in the US and assume Europe would have 'em too. My favorite is KLAX-KLAS via LOOP4 DAG KEPEC1 at FL290 flown by SWA and others. There are shorter routes too, but the scenery on my favorite is great and that LOOP4 departure is a hoot to fly. Good luck and keep trying.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest derekb

Thanks - I'm glad I'm not doing anything wrong! My next learning process is to build flight plans (ideally in and out of SeaTac) so I can do my own thing. I think I can cobble one together based on your reply.Thanks!Derek

Guest derekb

Oh - so if I bought the 747 I wouldn't have this issue? Then it's worth it for sure, although I was originally intimidated by the 747. :-)

Guest dt1951

Did you do a save in the FMC?

Guest derekb

Yes, I did- but I thought that only saved the route info, not the perf init stuff. (I just started flying a couple of weeks ago so this is all greek to me still!)derek