Sign in to follow this  
Guest gremel

737NG-700 Real Simulator Take-off Video shot at KATL

Guest gremel

Here is the video that I finally figured out how to do on the takeoff from the Atlanta Int'l Airport back in 12/27/05...Hope it all comes through....All made possible by PMDG software...My dream fulfilled. More to come..Copy & paste if you can't click on it. Let me know if you all get it.Regards,jackhttp://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6300611547275378344

Really cool!! Couple of issues here though. The sounds are all wrong. I've sat in a 737 near the wing and those sounds are unrealistic. The engines should be much louder. Also, the lighting was off. I can't place it, but it made the panel look purple. I didn't see any wipers modelled on the windows either. :( Seriously, which one are you? PF or PNF?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest gremel

Chris,Believe it or not, I'm the guy in the left seat (PF). I'll try to get my engine-out manual takeoff and manaul engine-out landing with 900ft ceilings on this site in a few days. I've made 2 movies now from a culmunation of my 7 hours in the real simulator. The movie clips that are currently on the site are a result of some of those hours spent in the sim as the (PF) the whole time. The PNF was a check pilot for the training sessions.Regards,jack

cool beans! where can one go to fly a real levelD sim like this? thanks for sharing the videojames

Guest gremel

Try the following website:www.alteontraining.comRegards,jack

Guest gremel

James,I did find out from a friend at Boeing that Alteon's charge is approximately $ 550.00 per hour. If you do it, forget the startup etc.... and place yourself on the active rwy,.. ready for takeoff. Don't waste time doing startup checklists, pushback and all the other B.S. Just hit the TOGA & go for it....That way, you can maximize your time as it's not cheap but for me was well worth all the time I invested in the hobby since 1998. I started out with Hardy Heinlin's incredible PS1.2 747-400 software by Aerowinx and progressed from there....The PMDG737 & 747 software is by far the very best there is in regards to total immersion and authenticity of the Boeing aircraft, and without it, I could not have accomplished what I did...I'll be posting more of my movie clips at a later date.Regards,jack

Cheers for that, saved to my HDD :-)Looking forward to any more you have :-jumpy

Alaister Kay

Guest cfm56

Hello Chris, Im a big fan of engine sounds especially the 738s engine sounds and I must agree with you that the engine sounds in the video should be slightly louder. However, its a proven fact that what you hear in the cabin near the wing is not what you hear in the cockpit. Secondly, we have no idea of what quality the video camera's michrophoneis - therefore, even though minimal, you can expect to lose a bit of quality and sometimes volume on the sound as it is being recorded(d'pending on the microphone). On top of that, the sounds they use in the simulator are not always representative of what the real aircraft sounds like. Same thing goes for the lighting, U can expect the camera to play trick on what u c in videos - for example ever seen videos where the ND/PFD/EICAS displays are flashing nonstop? that definately not what happens in the real aircraft, just the camera capturing the screens refresh rates. So the sounds and the colors MAY be a little off - who knows, its still a great video.(Wish I could of seen the landin doe.Gideon.

Guest gremel

I'am going to make a few clips of a daytime 'touch & go' along with a nightime landings and my engine-out manual takeoff & manual landing with a 900' ceiling.... I also have one buzzing the rwy at about 100' agl and close a touch over 300 kts with a climbing right turn to 3000 feet...But first, I've got to send these to google for editing and that takes a little time. They have to review for 'inappropriate content' and then they can go on their website at which time I'll provide you with the link when it's completed..Regards,jack