Sign in to follow this  
Guest aadaniels

Strange sound problem using Queen of the Skies

Guest aadaniels

Hi -I purchased and installed this product yesterday evening and everything was working great up until I was airborne. Instead of a normal jet sound, my sound card seemed "confused" and started generating a loud "static" noise. On occasion the sound would go away, but eventually it returned and remained until I quit FS9.I encountered this with another jet add-on, so I don't believe it has anything to do with QOTS. However, I am trying to figure out if this is a sound card issue or a PC that may be too slow for the product.I have a Dell Dimension 4500 (2.4 Ghz) with 1G of RAM.Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have no problems getting a new sound card if this would remedy the issue.Thanks in advance for any input / suggestions!Adrian

hi adrianthis is a known issue. email support@precisionmanuals.com and they may be able to help yuogood luck

Guest summersleep

Hello Adrian,You are not alone.. I have the same problem too in that there is a small crackling sound on takeoff and sometimes on the flight deck.PMDG do know about the problem and are still working on it. For now though try updating your sound card drivers, I did, and it made it slightly better.Also try lowering the sound in the aircraft options, this helps too..Good luckMark.

This doesn't sound like the known crackling problem actually... you're hearing constant static, as in no normal sound at all? That sounds more like a driver/directx issue to me...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest aadaniels

Thanks for everyone's feedback / input! I recently received an email from PMDG recommending that I turn off DirectX sound hardware acceleration. I am going to try that to see if the problem goes away.To follow-up on the last post, yes, the sound remains constant once I reach a certain altitude.Adrian

Guest Daniel Slade

Are you sure the sound is at altitude or is it speed???There is a wind noise that increase's with speed. If the noise you are hearing is coming in at just over 10,000ft then I would guess that it is speed when the aircraft accelerates.This can be turned down on one of the FS9 volume sliders in SETTINGS > SOUND. But for the life of me I cannot remember which one.Hope this helpsDaniel

I had a similar problem to yours.Found out that my sound acceleration had somehow been turned off.To fix my issue I had to turn acceleration from off to full.Michael