Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Weight-and-Balance confusion loading the 747-400 into FS9

Using the 747-400 load manager of PMDG, I have saved to the PMDG 744 cfg file a ZFW of 500K lbs and a fuel setting of 50K lbs. But if I load the Queen at the default KSEA using the Select Aircraft menu of FS2004, although the ZFW is loaded correctly as 500K lbs, the fuel is loaded at 300K lbs--this latter figure is the most recent fuel I loaded into a 744 flight using the PMDG fuel loader from the PMDG dropdown menu within FS9, i.e., PMDG/General/Options/Fuel.I am puzzled by this. I thought that once you save data in the cfg file of the 744 using the PMDG Load Manager, this is what will get loaded each time you call up the Queen.What have I misunderstood?Jonathan

That was my understanding but I see the same issue as well.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

probably one of them long since hashed issues, but I know for me as a new user the docs are misleading - the clear impression is given that fuel can be loaded from the editor as well as the dropdown. Only the dropdown can load fuel it seems - the fuel slider in the editor only shows you what your weights will be when you DO load fuel.regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

The fuel slider preselects the amount of fuel and sets it into the PMDG/FUEL menue. And then this must be applied.

OK, I can live with this issue more easily now that I know it's not just me. Sometimes it's good to validate one's own "mistakes" !Jonathan