Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

New Engine Starter Logic / New Engine start spooling model?

Hi guys,I'm wondering if someone could say how the two points below actually show themselves in the sim? I'm guessing slower spool up times in certain circumstances and more emphasis on duct pressure being adequate?---------------------------32) New Engine Starter Logic resulting in more realistic engine starting behavior.33) New Engine start spooling model that adds effects for reduced pneumatic PSI and the rotational friction within the engine casing. Please observe pneumatic PSI limits during engine starts!---------------------------I see they appear in only the 744F list. Does this mean these new behaviours are not featured in the 744PAX?Currently at work but have the F on dial-up download at home, 5PM NZST seems a long way away!Cheers

Just as a side-bar, I have in the past made the suggestion that the PMDG startup/spool-up time felt too slow.Well guess what...PMDG autostart from fuel control RUN to igntion off. 35 seconds.ITVV 744 DVD from fuel control RUN to igntion off. 35 seconds.Independent timing of start sequence by QF aircrew member. 35 seconds!I hereby apologise, recant my preachings and generally shut up. :-)Still keen to know what the new logic actually does or means though. And whether it's across the F and the PAX

Funny you should say that, I wondered the same, but then again. All 3 situations involved GE equipment and were conducted in 'normal' temperate condtions and atmospeheric pressures.Perhaps the autostart function has a part to play in the uniformity?

It's not a bad place, unless you hate driving sheets of rain in early Autumn, in which case avoid NZWN today. Just ran up the Terrace from work and by the time I got to the top I was a gloriously heady mix of Wet, Sweaty and full of head-cold. Neat.A day off tomorrow methinks.