Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

Looking for a god DC-9?? check this one!

I have been wanting a decent DC-9 for a while. Project freeware reopening has been great and these look very good but they are older models still. Recently there have been several 9's come out but I have to say the freeware one from Van's is really nice. I tried to download and install the Northwest one last night but had some unknown problem not allowing it to show. So I saw the Aeropostal version and used it and swapped the textures, works like a champ now. The Flight model is really good and the door and stairs work along with the thrust reversers. It has a rough virtual pit but I dont use these in the big iron anyway. I would recommend this if your looking for a nice DC-9. Now who wants to do me a repaint in Delta colors from 1987-88??? :)http://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/dc9.jpg

Hi,You also might check this site :http://www.bahnhof.se/~classic/A DC9 panel and flightmodel created by a SAS DC9 captain and released yesterday. It also includes a very nice DC9 in new SAS livery (GMAX).IMHO the best DC9 aircraft and panel available. Egbert DrenthScandinavian VAhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3c4aeb07855866.jpg

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

hmmm, this is a very nice airplane, now all we need is some good people to do some nice repaints of it in say like, northwest, or airtran, even though they dont use this particular model, its close enough

Guest jaapverduijn

What an odd topic title. I don't think He needs one... (grin)!Jaap Verduijn.

Hi everyone, the DC9-32 of Northwest in the pic above is my repaint, when I upload to avsim I put a wrong AIRCRAFT.CFG, but the update is already in avsim for download. I hope you enjoy this beautyfull aircraft.

Guest tcable

I have just downloaded it :) very nice. The VC seemsto be missing some textures, but I'm also just installing a DC-9 panel.Tim

You know its kind of funny but I did not notice the typo..."god" until after i had posted, then it was too late to fix cause it had been more than the normal time for that. I got a chuckle out of the above post about god not needing a good DC-9:) My VC is also missing the panel bitmap, but as I said I don't use it anyway. Thanks for the Northwest repaint, its very nice!Hornit

The problem in the VC looks like more than just a missing texture. It looks like a flat slab has been placed in front of the existing panel. The slab is plain gray and sticks up above the normal panel lines obscuring the view. Can anyone edit this and get rid of that slab?

Guest tcable

I have downloaded both DC-9's and both are good IMHO. That is not a scientific review, but a quick first impression. I did install the NWA DC-9 as AI and they have no gear, but the FWD entry and aft stairs are open- funny to see taxying! but it works since I've been looking for a proper DC9 for my NWA AI.Tim