Sign in to follow this  
Guest The_Glideslope

APU Fuel Burn

Guest The_Glideslope

Reading Wilco 737 manual there's a phrase I would like to if it's true:"APU BURNS FUELExclusive feature! Just like the real plane, the APU uses fuel. This is simulated only on feelThere aircraft. Nowhere else!"After a couple of minutes using APU in PMDG747 I noticed the fuel consumption didn't change. Also on other add-ons I noticed that APU seems to be running with air.Now, my question is this: Does the PMDG APU burn fuel directlu from the aircraft own deposits? If not, how can it be arranged since feelthere seems to have accomplished it? I make my FS plans using FSBuild and I actually calculate APU fuel burn (as well as taxi, hold, etc) and would really like to see this feature (important in my point of view) modeled.

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

this is just a slogan, the PMDG 744´s APU does burn fuel from its own fuel tanksand not only the QotS does this for example the freeware PT Tu-154´s APU burns fuel either and its current version is even older than the 737 PIC But I dont know if APU fuel burn depends on its workload. It should of course but I dont know if this is modelled too. But anyways, its a great plane

Guest The_Glideslope

Well I thought this was a slogan tooI couldn't imagine PMGD looking away at this...

Guest SIX

It burns some of my fuel, if I remember correctly. In fact, the other day I landed after a 16 hour flight and I didn't properly plan for fuel. I landed with something stupid, like 1,500 lbs. There wasn't enough fuel to turn the APU on when I landed. Evidently the APU draws fuel out of a particular tank and that tank was too low or empty to provide it fuel. Wilson HinesMy Blog: http://www.wilsonhines.com --------------------------------------http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/837438/3074.png

Guest 744nut

Depending on the configuaration the APU is feeded from main 2 AFT( and main 3 AFT).On the moment that the tank valves are closed the "pressure lights" are illuminated...but if the APU is feeded from one of the tanks the pressure light is OFF. Easy to check than :-) regardsTon

Captains-Indeed, the APU in the 747-400 burns fuel (from the Main 2 tank), with a non-constant fuel flow, determined by various APU engine parameters, such as N2 etc.(Yes, I looked at the code ;-)).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest The_Glideslope

Then Wilco should be smacked in the bottom for telling a lie...Bad Boys!They're not the masters of APU Fuel Burn... :)

I remember the original release of the B737NG - it burnt fuel, but unfortunately caused some fuel imbalance problems so was removed. So its not like Wilco were first LOL

Alaister Kay

Yeah... RFB742 and LVL-D also burn fuel from APU... Wilco lies.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

>Captains->>Indeed, the APU in the 747-400 burns fuel (from the Main 2>tank), with a non-constant fuel flow, determined by various>APU engine parameters, such as N2 etc.>>(Yes, I looked at the code ;-)).Lefteris, can elaborate/explain a bit what exactly would make the APU fuel flow change ?

>I remember the original release of the B737NG - it burnt>fuel, but unfortunately caused some fuel imbalance problems so>was removed. So its not like Wilco were first LOL>>Yeah. #### right(!)... I remember this well too !