Sign in to follow this  
Wildblue

Problem

Hello,After uninstalling fs9 completely i am now in the process of rebuilding fs9 + addons.Tonight i came to the installation of all PMDG planes. I carefully followed the install order. 1) 737-600/700 + updates2) 737-800/900 + updates 3) 747 + updates4) 747F + updatesBetween and after every install and update i restarted my pc. Now i started configuring the planes via the PMDG menu in FS9. Something must have gone wrong during installation although everything seemed to go smooth. I found that in all 737's i cannot choose the AOA indexer in the PMDG menu and i cannot use the DU knob in order to get the lower EICAS, it's not functioning. Looking closer i found that even though i choose one of the 737's i get the 747 PMDG menu (this is also why i cannot choose the AOA indexer, this option doesn't exist in the 747 menu). Maybe there is more but this is what i found so far.Does anyone know what to do now? I hope i don't have to reinstall all PMDG planes on my relatively clean FS9 installation.Thanks and greetings from Eric (EHAM).

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Am i really the only one who came across this problem?Or am i the first one who did a fresh installation of all PMDG planes?I hope someone can help me because now i am stuck and i don't know what to do next.Greetings Eric from EHAM

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric,from memory this is the correct installation order:1/ 600/700 V1.32/ 800/900 V1.13/ 600/700 model updates4/ 800/900 model updates5/ 744-400 V1.16/ 744-400F V1.01please ensure this is the correct order.

>Eric,>>from memory this is the correct installation order:>>1/ 600/700 V1.3>2/ 800/900 V1.1>3/ 600/700 model updates>4/ 800/900 model updates>5/ 744-400 V1.1>6/ 744-400F V1.01>>please ensure this is the correct order.>>Hi Travis,Thanks for your reaction.I have searched for your point 3: 600/700 model updates, but could not find them on the PMDG website nor in my own folders.Are you sure they exist? Because except for point 3 i did the installation in this excact order.Greetings Eric from EHAM

Hi Eric,it was soooo long ago, maybe it was a beta thing :(I can't remember having the AOA indexer as an option not to be there - will have to check. If your selecting a 737 and getting the 744 options module there is a problem with the installation. I just reinstalled everything and all is fine.What is the PMDG options module version your running?Should be 3.50 from memory (just checked my module folder version 1.0.3.20)If all else fails, remove all files (ensuring the folders are removed) and try again.

Hi Travis,Thanks for your reaction. I just checked the modules folder > 1.0.3.20 and i checked it in FS9 > 3.20. So this is okay.I was wrong about the not functioning DU knob in order to get the lower EICAS, i tried the wrong knob (lol).As for the AOA indexer. I deinstalled everything from PMDG and reinstalled the 737's first, configured them (that is: choosing the AOA indexer) via the PMDG menu, and only then installed the 747's. Now i have the AOA indexer in the 737's. It's a good thing i did it this way because after installing the 747's, the menu changes and there is no way (not that i see at least) to choose the AOA indexer for the 737's.Greetings Eric from Eham.