Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rwilson

747 altimeter

Guest Rwilson

hi all,yes, i know, i have created so many topics for liitle problems, but what else can i do.Again, i have 747 queen of the skies, and someone has told me to turn to page 16 on the ND, but it's not helped me, even though that person tried his best. Thanks that person.When the 747 loads on FS9, the altimeter is set incorrectly. So i simply set the back-up altimeter to 0 feet, but the altimeter that is beside the computer-ised artificial horizon doesn't move. (normally says 400 feet). I have to rely on the back-up altimeter. Does anyone here know how to set the Primary flight display altimeter correctly?Apologies for the multiple topics,robbie

Guest Rwilson

sorry, i can't find the word "Baro". I've looked helplessly. Could you tell me? Pretty please?

Robbie,Pressing "B" should set the main altimeter correctly... just set the standby one to the same inHg setting that the main one goes too. You shouldn't be setting the altimeter to "0 feet", it needs to be set to the correct outside air pressure...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Rwilson

ahh, very well. Thanks.

The "B" keypress works, but when you say "(normally says 400 feet)" I start thinking that you may be turning the wrong knob. There are two knobs that you can turn. One is used to set the altimeter setting and the other is for setting the MDA or DH. Depending on where you position the mouse it will do different things so going through the manual is really a good bet. I think the 400 ft is the default MDA setting, but I could be wrong, to the right of that you should see the value 29.92 or 1013 (depending on you settings in MSFS). When you twist the correct button that value will change along with the altimeter scale.Hope that helps a bit.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden