Sign in to follow this  
Johan_Dees

Unrealistic Crashes

Is there a way to make FS2K crashes more real? I would rather fy a crippled aircraft to landing than have the simulation reset if someone clips a wing.Douglas Harrington(Virtual) New England Charter Airways

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't think so.... I believe CFS2 had some type of crash realism built in..., but I haven't seen it in 2k2. I know it would add more challenge to land an aircraft with a missing left gear clipped by a tree, or a missing right aileron, etc.... What's that famous B-17 shot, showing an aircraft missing most of its rudder? I know you can set certain things to fail at random, but I don't believe there's a way to extend this to the airframe...-John

Actually you can... Its very hard to do but I once got the entire fuselage aft of the wing trailing edge and I was able to fly back up... Of course, with the tailplane missing, I didnt have any pitch control so it crashed shortly after. But it is possible, albeit very hard and rare to do. I did this with the POSKY 762.

Anything approaching realism in this department would probably require close to full-blown "crash" simulator - a sim within a sim. Another 100,000+ lines of code ?. I would be fully satisfied with what professional simulators deliver in this area - good information on G forces and maybe other parameters. And then I would leave the rest to the imagination ...Michael J.

I never have crash detection on.. I will be the judge of the landing myself.After a rough landing, a good sense of realism will tell you if the landing was good or not..My 2 euro cents..Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]Unofficial PSS website:www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdMy help may not me much usefull, or usefull much..eh?http://people.zeelandnet.nl/johd/index2/Ar...s/Leg1/klm5.jpgTrue Blue! K L M!