Sign in to follow this  
Guest nik_the_greek

ITVV Virgin Atlantic 747-400 DVD --> just WOW!!!

Guest nik_the_greek

>But if you are a 744 fanatic you will like the Cathay Pacific DVD >but you already know most of what is presented.Yes, yes, yes, I just love the 747. Since so many of you recommend the Cathay DVD, I think I might just go and pick it up.And in regards of the 747, has anyone of you maybe seen the Virgin Atlantic DVD with the 747-200? Is it a ny good?>MD11 http://www.itvv.com/mpmd11dvd.asp are my favourites.>Especially the MD11 since PMDG will be releasing one!! :)I was thinking about grabbing the MD11 DVD, but I though I might just wait till PMDG releases their MD11. (Go check out the VC preview shots ...)Thanks for your replyNik

>yes... they are all very good. >>>too bad that in this post Sept 11 2001 world, we will not see>them produced anymore.Not true at all :-)www.justflight.com have some recent ones. They apprantly are not as detailed but you see the cockpit. Still, they are very good.

Guest woottsbj25

I have a load of cockpit videos from www.worldairroutes.com and also ITVV.I much prefer ITVV, as they seem to be a lot more in-depth, but the World Air Routes are good too. WAR have an immense range, just check out their website.I do love the VIrgin 744 one. However, my personal favourite is the Go Beoing 737-300 one. I go back to watching it time and time again - the detail and camera angles are just incredible. BOth pilots are very interesting and informative, as well as being informally but professionally presented.The Go one is a definite reccomendation from me.I personally didn't like the Cathay one greatly. The simulator part was nice, with stalls, engine-outs etc, but I thought the coverage of the RW flight was very poor indeed. Especially the arrival into Kai Tak - I expected them to cover this fantastic approach in detail, but the camera angles and the visibility were poor, and most of the time you were just looking into the cockpit without seeing any of the outside. You can also tell that for the exterior approach and landing shots it was a completley different flight, as the conditions were bright, clear blue skies.

Guest Loiosh

I ordered my two Friday.

Hi guys,I haven't seen the video but I am sure that when the FO mentions something about page 2 he is referring to Progress page 2. This has the wind info (Head or Tailwind and crosswind component). In our airline it is common procedure for the PF to have Prog 2 on his CDU. The FO would have to reach across and select it for him. The FMC's do cross talk and any info entered in one will be transfered to the other. The autopilot needs to get it's info from somewhere so a master FMC is designated and is pilot selectable. The L is usually selected as the master.CheersSteev

Cheers

Steve Hall