Sign in to follow this  
Arnaud

Virtual cockpit vanishing?

Hi (again),Although I am almost sure I've seen threads with similar titles,the fporum search engine couldnt locate them for me, therefore I post the question again: on several occasions, the virtual cockpit of the 744s at some point simply disappear.Hitting 'S' will switch directly to spot view, no more virtual cockpit. No matter even if I go and choose the VC view in FS views options.I pretty much think it is Active Camera related, which I use, but is there any trick to get the VC back? Everything else works correctly, except the VC who vanished.Tried to pause the sim, several other things(like activating/deactivating the VC from the PMDG options menu) but to no avail.I've just cancelled a flight a moment ago because of that. The VC vanished few minutes after take-off. How annoying.Best,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Arnaud-I've had this happen when loading saved flights a few times.Simply pull down the PMDG menu, go into OPTIONS, then select SHOW/HIDE VC off then back on.Hit okay- and you should be off and running.

Thanks a lot Robert,Actually I've had the idea to try this, but as I didnt hit okay twice as you suggest, it didnt bring the VC back.Although I never use saved flights, next time the problem occur I will do what you say, and I hope it will make my day :-) Thank you again,Best,

Robert,Since our posts, my VC did vanish again. The plane was still on the ground. I carefully tried your trick, but alas it didnt help. Instead, a while after that, the whole Sim crashed.So, sadly, I trashed Active Camera, which I am sure is the culprit.Sadly because I bought it not even a week ago, had fun with it, but it seem to cause too much hassle my end, and sadly because of the lot of time I spent configuring it so that it didnt overwrite my PMDG entries.Now on to try the other 'Walk and Follow' thing, I guess.Best,

Arnaud-I've been using Active Camera since it first appeared a number of years ago- and I'm very certain the problem you are having is not a problem with the program- but a problem with user settings....I have a vague recollection of doing something similar to myself with Active Camera a long time ago- but i don't recall exactly what it was- other than to say that I was able to resolve it easily with a key-code change of some sort or other...