Sign in to follow this  
Guest mulletman

The 747 effects problem

Guest mulletman

Hey all,Before you lay into me about why the effects are like that, dont worry, i have read the FAQ's and i know.But i was wondering if a cure could be devised. a 'workabround' that would allow the effects to work properly (and make happy users)What if the effects files were programmed to start where the engine is. In other words: the engine position is exactly where it is now, however when the sim reads the effects files, they are positioned X amount in either direction.Is this possible?Has the idea been suggested?Am i just being stupid?Should you really awnser these questions?I dont know. It was just a thought....:( Peace and Love,Fred 'mulletman' Clark.

Guest Tom C.

Im guessing the Contrails being out of place compared to the actual engine position.I just copied the POSKY contrails part of the cfg over, not perfect but a little better,

As far as I know the contrails are hard coded to FS rather than an aircraft

Alaister Kay

The contrails are the way they are due to an FS limitation when using realistically modelled engines on a large wing like the 747s. The virtual position of the engines as far as FS sees them had to be moved inward in order to stop the plane from turning on the ground while starting the engines. It was also necessary to correct for overly large yaw/roll in an engine out situation. When deciding between having the plane pull to one side on the ground when starting the engines and yawing past the point of control with engines out vs. having the contrails positioned perfectly, we chose to fix the things that would affect the actual operation of the aircraft. Hopefully FSX's effect system may remedy this situation and we can put the contrails in the aligned position, but for now you're best off leaving it unless you want to very negatively affect the flight model.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the reply Ryan. It's good to see such a specific answer from a developer.Not that I expect any different from you guys. ;)