Sign in to follow this  
Guest rkuiper

Not in Database

Guest rkuiper

HI everybody,I have a question about the FMC give me the message "not in Database".I have the 737-600/700 and 800/900 installed. I have updated the SID/STARS etc. Now when I create a flightplan with MSFS and I do direct GPS it works fine. Airports are being accepted, runways etc.But if I create a flightplan flying VOR to VOR (for instance from CYYZ to KIND) the first waypoint is YTP (116.55) it will come up "not in Database". I know I had it working before. I had to reinstall MSFS. Even after installing the 747-400 it did not find the waypoints. Is there a way to get them back or to manually put them in?Thanks,Roger

The FS9 navdata is separate from the navdata used by PMDG. The FMC uses the FMCWP and SIDSTARS files, whereas the FS9 flight planner uses information contained in .bgl scenery files. The only way to add navaids and fixes for FS9 is to download someone's scenery or generate your own .bgl files (and upload for others, hopefully). If a navaid is on an airport then AFCAD can do the .bgl work for you.You implied you were creating a flight plan in FS9; however, the "not in database" error sounds like you are using the FMC to create the flight plan. There is a YTP Pearson VORD in the navdata (0607) but I haven't downloaded the 0608 yet for reasons of my own.So, by deduction, are you trying to add YTP to a route as a direct fix or as a fix on an airway?If you are getting the error as a direct fix, then maybe 0608 is missing YTP. If you are getting the error as a fix on a route then maybe that fix isn't coded as on a named route.Guess I wish I had more information from you, I've having to guess at what your problem is and each problem has a different solution.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest rkuiper

Hi Dan,First of all thanks for replying to me so fast. I'm pretty much a rookie if it comes to the Navigation part. What I used to do was create a flight plan with FS2004. I thought I had to do this so that the ATC function in FS2004 would work right. Then I would print of the flight plan and with the fmc under RTE fill out Origin. (in this case CYYZ and Destination KIND. Then on the second page It says VIA and I would fill out the YTP (116.55). It sometime would even show me more than one waypoint with different frequenties. you are talking about a direct Fix. Is this a waypoint? If I look at the FMC is gives me the following info. NAV DATA = AIRAC-0608 and Active is AUG03AUG30/06. I will give you the flightplan that I made with FS2004.CYYZYTP (116.55)YQO (114.20)SKY (109.20)ROD (117.50)DQN (114.50)RID (110.60)SHB (112.00)KINDI can't use neither on of these waypoints with the FMC. Now my other question is, that the waypoints that I'm trying to use are not in the SID/STARS files right? Cause those are for arrival and departures aournd an airport. I hope this gives you a little bit more information.Now lets say they are not in the fmcwp, how do you add them and where do you get the information from each waypoint.Thanks,Roger

You're right about using the FS9 flight plan to work with FS9 ATC. The FMC should accept your VOR-to-VOR route, your airac is current. When you enter a fix (on the right side of the route page) you should only enter the ID (737NG.. I don't have the 747). For example, enter YTP not YTP (116.55). If you get more than one fix, that is because there is more than one fix in the world with that ID; however, they are usually half a world apart. The first one in the list is the closest and may be the one you want. Select the fix based on latlon as well as frequency.I just tested your flight plan on my 737NG and it works fine. I have 0607 airac data but if you have 0608 (the fixed version) it should be okay. There was a 2 or 3 day period where the 0608 data had bugs in it but the corrected file is available at navdata.at if this is your problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

PS: Air Canada flys this route in CRJ2's and they file:YQO DJB J29 ROD CLANG5Why not fly the same route and the real guys?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest rkuiper

Hey Dan,Okay I'm loosing my mind I guess. I tried to fillout the waypoint and click on the leftside on the second page. Then I get the error "not in databse". But Like you said if I fill it out on the right side it comes up. just like before. Now Another question that I have is, that I get the feeling that the majority of the people don't use FS2004 to create a flightplan. When They fly they don't deal with the FS2004 atc, right? Is there a reason to use a different program to create a flight plan and which one?Thanks,Roger

If you haven't already, I recommend you read about programming the FMC in the documentation you received with it. Left side of route page is either direct or name or route, right side is name of fix or navaid.There are few alternatives to the FS9 ATC. Radar Contact is one and VATSIM another but these are two different things. FS9 is probably the least real as it gets, but both it and Radar Contact need a *.pln file. Creating the *.pln file can be done with FSBuild, which has a lot of fans. You gotta love the choices you have available.I'm the wrong person to sell you on any of above. I use FS9 planner to get a *.pln file for ActiveSky, but since it is weather the route only needs to approximate my flight plan. My flight plan is just what I load in the FMC and I don't use any ATC or AI Traffic, I've got my reasons but mostly haven't found enough realism yet. However, these choices are worth your time to look into. The important thing is that you enjoy aviation and want to learn all facets of it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest rkuiper

Dan,I can't believe I did this wrong. I started with the 737 a while back flew with it for a couple of months and then I didn't do anything with it for another couple of months. So when I tried to fly again. I thought I knew it all, but I guess I was wrong. I'm re-reading the manuals again. I like flying in FS2004, but the more I read and learn I find out that you are right, it's far from the real thing. When talking to a friend of mine, who actually flies jet planes for a living, I found out that the atc in fs2004 is not really realistic. So I hope with the new FSX that that will all change. I'm gonna keep reading and rereading the paper work and hopefully it will stick.Thanks again.Roger

>Hey Dan,>>Okay I'm loosing my mind I guess. I tried to fillout the>waypoint and click on the leftside on the second page. Then I>get the error "not in databse". But Like you said if I fill it>out on the right side it comes up. just like before. Now>Another question that I have is, that I get the feeling that>the majority of the people don't use FS2004 to create a>flightplan. When They fly they don't deal with the FS2004 atc,>right? Is there a reason to use a different program to create>a flight plan and which one?>>Thanks,>RogerRoger,Are you doing this on the RTE page 2? If so the reason it's not coming up is that you're trying to insert the waypoint into the VIA column (left side) instead of the TO column (right side). The VIA column accepts airways (and will show SIDs/STARs/IAPs after you've selected them on the DEP/ARR page) not individual waypoints.It works like this - say you're going from PHX-SFO for instance - a simple route for this could be DIRECT DRK J92 OAL DIRECT SFO. You are going *TO* the Drake VOR, then *VIA* the J92 airway *TO* the Coaldale VOR, then direct to the San Francisco VOR.You would enter this on the RTE page as follows:DRK - enter into the first RIGHT side spotJ92 - the LEFT side spot belowOAL - the RIGHT side spot next to J92SFO - the RIGHT side spot on the next lineYou'd see something like this:

VIA		  TODIRECT	   DRKJ92		  OALDIRECT	   SFO

The TO column is telling you where you're going, VIA is telling you how you're getting there.If this isn't the issue, let me know, but it sure looked like it to me based on what you said.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest rkuiper

Ryan,This was exactly the problem. But now I have another question for you. With your example from PHX-SFO, I know what a VOR is, but you are talking about the J92 airway. What exactly is an airway. Is this the route between two VORS? And another question I just bought CoPilot from Abacus and it will show me all the VORS in FS2004. Now how do you plan a route? With this I mean your have certain VOR Stations between two airports. and probably on your route there are a couple of dozen other VOR stations nearby. So why do you pick these VORs. Is it the weather or is this from experience the better route?Thanks,Roger

<http://www.faa.gov/ATPubs/AIM/index.htmSome airways are not between VORs such as RNAV routes or oceanic routes. Victor airways are below 18000 and Jet airways are above 18000 (with few technical exceptions). Route selection is based on trying to fit shortest path within ATC constraints. FAA has preferred routes, and each company has it's qualified routes. There is always http://flightaware.com which provides the latest filed flight plans by equipment type and carrier.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest rkuiper

Yep I guess I don't know nothing yet. I was just flighting around in FS2004, thinking I knew it all. I guess not. Thanks for the links. I looked at the aeronautical Information Manual and this would help me out a lot trying to figure out what all this means. I'm not looking to be a real pilot, but I want to fly with FS2004 a realistic as possible. And so far I have a lot to learn. Now you're saying that route selection is based on trying to fit the shortest path within ATC Constraints. Now what kinda constraints are you talking about. That friend of mine told me that unlike FS2004 ATC, in the real world the atc is there for you, not how it is in FS2004. Another question that I have is, when you are flying in fs2004 without the ATC how does this go with your landing. Are you running into problems with other airplanes?Roger

FAA has preferred routes (see http://www.fly.faa.gov/Products/Coded_Depa...s_database.html ) and they have a "playbook" that has preplanned diversions for stormy weather. The easiest way to find the route being flown, as I've written a couple of times, is looking it up at flightaware.com.FS9 without ATC with AI Traffic can be a problem, that's why I turn off AI Traffic. If you prefer, you can try Radar Contact because it does provide an interface with AI Traffic and it is much better than the default FS9 ATC. Just because I don't use it doesn't mean it's not a nice add-on.Glad to find you're taking the time to learn about all facets of aviation.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest rkuiper

Dan,Thanks for all the info. I've never seen that website before, but it has some interesting information. I'm trying to learn and play at the same time. What do you think about the realism settings in FS2004. What I wonder about is, sometimes I'm climbing and my speed will be about 280kts, when suddenly (whether its the wind or something) the plane will kinda be kick over. The speed will drop about 30kts. Now I know the weather can do alot but is this real? I've been in airplanes before but never felt anything like that (Maybe you won't feel it) I have no idea. I have my realism settings on medium.Roger

Got nothing to do with realism... this is the FS9 default weather giving you sudden wind changes. It's not real. There are some workarounds but I think many including myself use ActiveSky to handle all the weather instead of FS9. It does a really beautiful job and gives you a nice preflight sheet to use in setting up cruise winds and descent forecasts in the FMC. Aside from commercial sceneries and terrain, the only commercial add-ons I'm using are ActiveSky and PMDG737NG and I really enjoy my simming.

Dan Downs KCRP