Sign in to follow this  
rjmck

Runways off alignment on approach

Just recently added the 400F to my hangar, and am greatly impressed!Have noticed a strange behaviour since...when aircraft is on final approach and properly lined up with runway (ILS showing no deviation), in both MAP and PLAN views the runway and centreline are at an angle ... quite disconcerting.The pics below show a/c lined up on 01 at Brisbane (=016 magnetic)...in both views you can see the runway at an angle ....in MAP view, the runway appears to be 027 --- and this is the magnetic deviation at Brisbane (11 degrees east) added to the runway heading.In PLAN view the runway seems to be about 35 degrees???Is there any explanation for this, and any way to correct it .... it's rather difficult to use instruments that are so far off target when making an approach in less than excellent visual conditions..any help appreciated.Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Many thanks for that William:I downloaded the revised AIRAC and all is 100% ok again!sorry I had missed seeing that the problem had already been noted there and corrected.now to see how much updated AIRACs are going to cost us from Navigraph -- not too much I hope as I use PMDG LevelD PSS ATR and FSNav ..... pity they can't all start to use the one and same data format !!!!Ron