Sign in to follow this  
RDG41

Heading missed..

Hi,Last night I encountered a problem when flying a flight from CYYZ to Boston, KBOS in the 737-700. I planned a route through MSFS and planned to land on runway 15R with trans selected. The problem I encountered was when I looked at the route, the last leg of the approach did not line up with the runway, eg. Instead of 150

I often see a 1-2deg difference between published final approach course and FS9 course... this is mostly due to obsolete mag variation data within FS9. The errors are also apparent in FS9 where a fix is put at a correct latlon location but VOR radials that are supposed to cross the fix are somewhere else. It's just something we get used to.The course you set on the MCP for an ILS does not "select" a course to fly. The localizer only has one course (not counting back course). The MCP setting mearly adjusts the approach display on the navigation display. If it is not set to the same value as the localizer course provided by the AIRAC data then you will get a FMC error message.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,Thanks for your input, I suspected this but was not sure if it was maybe the way I programed the FMC or something else. The odd thing is that I have never encountered this before with any of the add on planes (and I have almost all of them! LOL)or with any other flight. Now, this was the first time that I flew into Boston so maybe it is only a problem with certain airports?Ron

Correct, only certain airports and usually only 1 deg.

Dan Downs KCRP