Sign in to follow this  
Captain Caveman

744 "bouncing" on landing

Hi,i sometimes experience "bouncing" when landing the 774.the wheels, espesially the nose wheel seems to "bounce" up and down after landingwhen slowing down on the runway.anyone have a solution ?

Are you lowering the nose to the ground slowly?Best,Randy J. Smith

Guest benhoffman

A bounced landing is due to, in my exp, either a high V/S upon touchdown or a high vref speed.Try to aim for vref30 (or 20 as appropriate) and no greater than -1000fpm from the FAF.Also, for IMC be stablised by 1,000ft RA or 500ft for VMCHope that helps! :)

Assuming your landing by the numbers perhaps you are very heavy when landing? If all wheels are down and you see excessive oscillation when braking then heaviness is the only thing I can think of. If it applies try refining your fuel planning so as to land with minimum required fuel.Also, do you use autobrake? perhaps your setting is too agressive - I use 2 mostly -long runways and fs does not model wetness. regards,Markhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1024mb/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Or do you mean that the wheels seem to "wobble" up and down after a successsful touchdown? I sometimes get that too with the nosewheel half buried in the tarmac on roll out.Gerry

dont really know what to call it. but you can see the airplane going up and down a little fromthe cockpit to. i think it may be the weight as mentions. but i have to test a little more.

Guest SAS449

Could it be the infamous surface problems discussed elsewhere in this form? If the runway is coded as "Bitumen" or "Makadam" there is a wobbling experience as FS interprets the surface as not being level. Use Afcad2 program by Lee Swordy to change surface material and problem will be gone.

Guest captaingrice

Is it just the PMDG 744 or other aircraft too? Only sometimes when you install 3rd party AFCADs, sometimes FS9 doesn't recognise them. Not sure how best to describe it, but sometimes when I've landed and taxied onto a 3rd party AFCAD taxi-way/runway, the aircraft begins to bounce slightly. If you look closely, your wheels kick up the dirt like you're actually on the grass.Not sure if this is your particular problem, but what you're describing certainly sounds familiar.Cheers,

Guest SAS449

Any particular airport or all of them??? I would like to see if my 744 behaves the same way.

it has happend on many diffrent. sometimes it happens sometimes not. i dont really remember what airports it happend to. im gonna test the overweight teori later or tomorrow. ill report back.

Guest SAS449

As the problem does not seem to be consistent, there must be something on your end that mess things up occasionaly. I'm afraid there's not much we can do to pinpoint it.

Guest isagani67

Dear Johan & Thorbjorn,I believed it the code that Johan had mentioned " Betumen & Makadam".It has nothing to do with your Weight/Landing speed/FOB etc.I always simulate an emergency landing right after T/O and land with Full Flaps as you can imagine the weight. Everything is fine.The most famous of this bouncing problem is KJFK/KLAX. Its not only PMDG but my PSS A330/A340 Pro too.Solution: Change the Afcad that is compatible with the airport scenery.Regards,Isagani