Sign in to follow this  
Guest glide

New sounds

Guest glide

Tthanks for the sound update. I noticed that there is an APU-OUT wav amongst the sound files but i cannot hear it at all in the sim in any external view , can anyone explain this?thanksKav

I'll let Armen (PMDG's new Sound Engineer) explain this, but it's due to an FS limitation and he'll be issuing some sort of work-around that will allow you to have an APU sound if you so choose - it's going to have limitations though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest glide

Thanks for the quick response ,will wait for the work aroundKav

Hmm, I can't find this file, just on the off chance that I had a bad install, could you advise the exact name of the file and which directory you found it in? Thanks.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Kav,The file you mentioned is not part of the PMDG Sound Update, and is most likely a remnant from another sound set installation. The PMDG installer does not touch 3rd party files that were previously left in the sound folders, so any old sound files which you had installed will still be in there!Due to FS9 limitations we decided against including an APU sound in the Sound Update by default, but in the near future we shall be making a small modification available for customers who prefer to have this sound feature. More info soon!Best regards,Armen L Cholakianhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest A32X

In real life I suppose with the 747 you can only hear the APU running outside the aircraft? Is it possible to do this in FSX/IX ?-Paul

Guest glide

Yes looks like a third party mod which has remained in the main soundPMDG747-400 folder on my system sorry for the confusionKav

Hi Paul,Yes the APU sound can only be heard from the outside.Some FS9 aircraft do have an external APU sound but because of FS9 limitations there are two compromises with this method.1) The APU sound will always play when the engines are off, regardless of the status of the APU.2) The APU sound will always play even when the aircraft is cold and dark. If pilots dont mind these limitations then they can try the APU mod which will be released in the near future.As for the APU status in FSX, we will find that out once we receive the appropriate documentation from MS.Best regards,Armen L Cholakianhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Seems like Level-D (and IGfly Tu-154M)found a way. No APU sound in cockpit/only in ext view... No APU sound in C&D(int and ext of course). Too bad it still can't be done easily in FS...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO