Sign in to follow this  
Guest SKireyev

FSX is out: A kind request to PMDG

Guest SKireyev

Hi folks--Well, it seems that FSX is out and most recent forum posts indicate that experiences are less than stellar. For all it's worth, I wanted to ask you not to move forward with all of your items for the new platform just yet, and see what the new version brings. I know for myself, I will be waiting for a year or so until the bugs seem to be worked out and the technology catches up to bring me the same amount of detail at same framerates with FSX.Best of luck in all of your endeavours!

Check out Robert's post pinned at the top of the forum concerning FSX. It may influence your decision.

Guest SKireyev

>Check out Robert's post pinned at the top of the forum>concerning FSX. It may influence your decision.>>Thank you. I just read it, and I could see myself agreeing on a number of points. What I want to re-iterate though is the need for the aftermarket to temper itself with the switch to a new platform, since some of us will not be able to afford the most recent swanky hardware to run the basic version of their stuff. I know I am not representative of the developer community and therefore can't tell anyone "do it" or "don't do it", but I was just eager to let PMDG folks know that the FS9 customer base will still be there for a year or so to come.Thank you for my opportunity to share.Best Regards,

Sergey-We make decisions based on market data...Market data for all previous versions (and thus far for this one too) will almost always take us forward.This is the (counts on fingers) 9th FS transition I've been through- and the (counts on toes) 5th in which I've been involved in development of some sort or other for FS...We see the same drama during every transition- and the same "i'm not going to upgrade until" posts- and it all of this is never substantiated by the market data.Watch and you'll see. ;-)Now if millions of people take FSX back to the store (not even remotely likely) then we'd see that- but I wouldn't hold my breath.Seriously- we have to make decisions based on market metrics- doing anything else would be very poor form for a business!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest SKireyev

>Sergey->>We make decisions based on market data...>>Market data for all previous versions (and thus far for this>one too) will almost always take us forward.>>This is the (counts on fingers) 9th FS transition I've been>through- and the (counts on toes) 5th in which I've been>involved in development of some sort or other for FS...>>We see the same drama during every transition- and the same>"i'm not going to upgrade until" posts- and it all of this is>never substantiated by the market data.>>Watch and you'll see. ;-)>>Now if millions of people take FSX back to the store (not even>remotely likely) then we'd see that- but I wouldn't hold my>breath.>>Seriously- we have to make decisions based on market metrics->doing anything else would be very poor form for a business!Hi Robert--It is somewhat like the notion that I had in the post above yours: that after all developers will have to do what they have to do to satisfy the market, since that's what pays the bills (and I know you've got diapers and baby formula to cover :)) I have been tweaking my FSX for the past couple of days, and have achieved somewhat tolerable results (13-14 fps at its slowest).Speaking of which, where's that list of tweaks that Ryan has provided you with? :) C'mon, spill it!Cheers, and best of luck!

Sergey,Just basically go through the tweaks here:http://www.fox-fam.com/wordpress/?page_id=41The most important ones are the autogendescriptions.spb, the default.xml, and the fiber frame and poolsize tweaks. Those are the only ones I'm using and I'm pegged at 20FPS most of the time now.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com