Sign in to follow this  
jnr641802

ksea runways missing in 747 fmc

I have a message 'KSEA error:16c rwy unknown' message appear when I enter KSEA in the fmc origin/destination boxes.No runways appear for KSEA in the arr/dep section of the fmc.I had uninstalled/reinstalled pmdg 747 yesterday and it was fine afterwards.Today I downloaded airac 0608 and sid/stars AIO and that's when the problem began.I have reinstalled Airac 0608 but still have the problem.Have tested KJFK/KLAX/KDEN/KSFO/KMIA/EGLL/EGGB/EGPF and all is well.I know the answer is simple but when it comes to computers,so am I.Any help would be appreciated.regards Jim

>I have a message 'KSEA error:16c rwy unknown' message appear>when I enter KSEA in the fmc origin/destination boxes.No>runways appear for KSEA in the arr/dep section of the fmc.>>I had uninstalled/reinstalled pmdg 747 yesterday and it was>fine afterwards.Today I downloaded airac 0608 and sid/stars>AIO and that's when the problem began.I have reinstalled>Airac 0608 but still have the problem.>>Have tested KJFK/KLAX/KDEN/KSFO/KMIA/EGLL/EGGB/EGPF and all is>well.>>I know the answer is simple but when it comes to computers,so>am I.>>Any help would be appreciated.>>>regards Jim>>Hi Jim,I haven't confirmed this but I think they're doing constuction and adding another perallel runway to the west of runway 16R. When the construction is done, runway 16R will be designated runway 16C. If you look at the latest Airport Diagram, it shows the new runway outlined in dashes. Try this: enter runway 16R into the FMC and see if it puts your aircraft on this particular runway. You can also try to enter runway 16C into the Route page of the FMC and see if you still get the error. Like I said, I haven't confirmed this and 16C may be in use now. Since you said there were no runways listed on the DEP/ARR page, I'll try it myself and let you know. Ken.

Hi, I had never had this problem, until AIRAC 0611.I hope The people from NAVIGRAPH solve it.Regards.Miquel Egea.

Hi Jim,I have some information for you. First of all, I'm using AIRAC 611 but it says on the Ident page of my FMC AIRAC 610. Not sure what's going on here. I loaded my aircraft using runway 16R at KSEA. When I click on the FMC button, I did get a message saying that runway 16C was unknown. I entered the Origin, which was KSEA and KFSO as the Destination. I clicked on the DEP/ARR button and clicked the DEP button to see if there were any runway listed. Sure enough, there were no runways listed. I went back to the Route page and entered runway 16R into LSK 2. The FMC said "Not in Database." But this was the runway I was using. I entered runway 16C into LSK 2 and the runway was entered and it came up on my ND. Apparently, this means that runway 16R is now runway 16C at KSEA and this is indicated in the airport diagram. At this time, I'm not using the latest SIDs/STARs. Ken.

Thanks Ken,you pointed me in the right direction.It does appear that a new runway or rwy number 16c has been added with the latest sid/star AIO,which does not match airac 0608.I just downloaded an older sid/star version,the August one, for KSEA and the problem appears to be solved.Time maybe to buy credits for Navdata methinks.thanks for your helpregards Jim

Hi,I'm currently having the same problems with no runways showing up for KORD in the dep arr screen. I've got the latest data from navigraph. Can anyone else check there screens for KORD and tell me if if you have the same thing happening? The cycle I'm using is 0611.Thanks, Ron