Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ricky81

De-rate takeoff 737NG

Guest Ricky81

Hello folks,I have quite a difficulty trying to takeoff in short fields with the 737-800/900, since the aircraft by default without selecting any limitations on N1, already has a low setting in N1.For example I am trying to takeoff from LOWI, and its a 6000+ft runway, the engines are by deafult in 95% N1, but if I still change the temperature in the FMC the max would be 99%.Now, I really need more than that, I managed to change in the 1/2/both section to 105.1 but still the plane only goes max 99%.Obviously there is a solution to this, anyone could help?Thanks

The solution is your gross weight limit. According to the chart in your aircraft manual (which you should refer to for limitations), you should be able to get off a 6200 ft runway at 22C temp with a max gross weight of 144.2 lbs. Any heavier and you're likely to run into problems.Check the documentation.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Ricky81

Thanks for your reply,I am at 145.1 ZFW (a bit heavy), but still what I ask if it is possible to override any sort of limitations, and put the engines to the max, just in any case.I don't really like the idea of lifting off by the end of the runway too much, yet I like the derate in some cases but here I seem not able to do a safe and acceptable takeoff. So to say clearly there is no solution on overriding the limitations?

There is a BUMP option available in the real world for the NG which will increase the thrust as opposed to DERATE-1, and -2. This is howecver not modelled in the PMDG NG.There is no other way to overcome the thrust rate limit than using the FMC. These limit is set by the EECs (engine computers) and should not be overridden due to engine wear and tear. Just as in real life you have to throw some cargo off. Preferably the cargo in the lower cabin that's not kicking and screaming. ;-)Hope it helps,

Guest Ricky81

Thanks,It seems I have been flying the 767 for too long...I would have to eventually take some cargo out.Regards...