Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Entering route data into 744 - always manually?

I do not have this product yet. Is it possible to import flight plans from FS 9 or other into the FMC, or does one have to enter the entire flight plan point by point each time?ThanksGreg

Greg Clark

Not always. Like in the real world pilots do not have to type in the same route over and over again if it had already been pre-stored in the FMC computer. Once it is stored it can be easily recalled (and edited, etc.) using the CO-ROUTE option. PMDG 747 already comes with over 400 pre-programmed routes. So it works exactly as in the real world.Also if you purchase a flight planning tool like FSBuild - it is capable of exporting flight plans directly to the PMDG's 747 so you don't have to retype them.Michael J.

Hi Greg!FsNavigator can also export fligtplans to PMDG and also toMS Flightplanner (then you can connect to MS ATC)It only take a minute to create a Flightplan in FsNavigator.You choose your departure airport and the rwy, then the arrival airport and the rwy, then press a button and it compile a route for you.Export the flightplan to PMDG and also to MS Flightplan.Start up FS9 and import the MS Flightplan to your flight.(for ATC)Type your PMDG Flightplan (ESSAEDDF001)* in the FMC and press thereafter CO ROUTE.Now you can edit your flightplan in FMC if you like.*)ESSAEDDF001 = ESSA to EDDF (Arlanda to Frankfurt)/ Leffe

Thanks for your help everyone.I thought of another question and that is how does Radar Contact couple to the flight plans. For example can one use the preloaded flight plans with radar contact? [i am not sure I would see how].It would appear that one would have to use an add on flight planner to create a flight plan that can be read by the PMDG 744 and then also convert to FS 9 so that it can be read by Radar Contact.Other models I fly allow direct import of FS 9 flight plan into the simulator's FMC and then one points Radar Contact to the same flight plan for ATC guidance.I want to make sure I understand all of this before purchasing.Thanks again,Greg

Greg Clark

Greg,what I personally do is use FSBuild to create the flightplan (or get the flightplan from another source but enter it into FSBuild and then letting the program assemble it), then export it to different formats, that is for FS9, PMDG and also FSNAV, FSCommander and Squawkbox 3. That way I have identical flightplans that can be used in different programs.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------