Sign in to follow this  
Guest zsoltszivak744

737 ng WILL NOT HOLD ILS GLIDESLOPE !!

Guest zsoltszivak744

Hello all, back again with another little issue, I have done a few flights with the ng and noticed that she doesn't like to hold the ils, at least not into eddl, eddf and loww. Now I might be doing something wrong, but it seems that she follows it and then lets go right before the MM. I use as6 so I hope that does not interfere. I had the proper freq and course dialled in so am a bit puzzled. Any advice much appreciated.Regards: Zsolt

Do you get an alarm on the FMC? Does it continue to track localizer only? What is your approach configuration (speed & flaps)?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest zsoltszivak744

Hello Dan, my aproach vref was 148/ 40 but I had 153 dialed in to the MCP. I had pushed VOR LOC, then APP and finally CMD B. Initially the airplane followed the glidepath nicely but then about at 2500 ft APP would disconnect and VOR LOC would illuminate, causing the nose to pitch up abruptly. I then tried to manually fly the aircraft to reengage APP but it would disengage again at about 1500 ft. I double and triple checked the freqs and course so I am prety confused. The weather was choppy using as6 so it may have something to do with it. Thanks in advance for the help.Regards: Zsolt

Guest StefanB

Hi,last flight yesterday (737-700) from eddt via BOT to eddl with AS6 online. No problems with the ILS on runway 23L. I think, no problem with AS6.So explain us your speed and flap settings. If you set the flaps to early, the Ng climb above the Glide. What is your Configuration at the MM? (full land conditions, Autoland or manual Landing) Do you now the windspeed? The last days it was very stormy in Germany ( do you checked the crosswind component?) Best regardsStefan

I also use ActiveSky, but have not experienced what you describe. The autopilot is programmed to disconnect if anything exceeds limits, including attitude, speed and nav deviation. So, the place to start is to try to identify what is exceeding safe limits. Your speed of 5 over Vref is normally a good place to set but if gusts are causing excessive airspeed swings you need to add extra. If this is the problem (I don't know that it is) then try the approach without gusts. If all works then add your gusts back into the scenario and either add a gust safety margin or smooth the winds. Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest StefanB

Hi, what shows the FMA. If you push APP the FMA shows in white vor/loc and GS. The mode is armend. If you catch the loc, the APP button go off an the FMA shows vor/loc in green. The Mode ist active. Same with the GS. My Question is, catch you first the Glide and than the loc? Stefan

Guest zsoltszivak744

Hi Stefan, I haven't checked the FMA but I will when I do few practice runs, usually I catch the localizer and then the glideslope. Yeah the weather has been bad so I am going to turn of the weather and see how it runs. Maybe my speed was too slow.Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help.Best: Zsolt

Hello Mr. ? The APP button is suppose to go out on the MCP when the mode becomes active. You always learn to watch the PFD annunciation for mode engagements - not the MCP buttons. Best,Randy J. Smith<<>>

Randy my friend your alive get a hold of me please bwells69@comcast.netBrett Wells

Guest zsoltszivak744

Yeah you are most likely right about limit exceeding, I think my speed might have been too slow. Let me give it a run with and without weather and see how it goes. Cheers: Zsolt

Guest zsoltszivak744

Thanks Randy for the tips, I think I have a hang of it now.Regards: Zsolt

Hey Brett! Have not seen you on ICQ or MSIM. I even emailed you not long ago. Anyways good to see you around.Will contact you.Best,Randy J. Smith<<>>