Sign in to follow this  
ghiom

Small constant LOC deviation during ILS approach

Dan,-------------------------------------------------------------------Something I've always wondered about are the navaid bgl records for VORs... since these used to be primary navigation when I was hand coding (I'm all for progress). Are the VOR var values used by the SIM kernel or is magdec.bgl still the dominate player-------------------------------------------------------------------Must say I don't know. The respective roles of the "magvar"= value of the VOR records and the local calculated FS variation remain to be established. Experiments although not so easy are not impossible. The only thing I can say is that the magnetic tracks between FMC points are now identical to those I calculate with the Jeppesen FliteStar software (and a recent database)..not a proof of anything I agree, since PMDG FMC has its own routinesRon,--------------------------------------------------------------------It seems that if you are on the ground one is used but above ground on approach the other one is used.This was part of a discussion regarding why LOCs can be added to an airport in AFCAD but AI will not follow them but user aircraft will as I recall, and that additions in AFCAD itself are not sufficient.If this is true, then you can be off-course on approach but on the ground you will be getting different data when lined up at the threshold.--------------------------------------------------------------------Interesting, I didn't test any AI traffic behavior neither I had a look at ILS instrument displays while on ground.Herv

Hi, there is a File magvar.dat in the FMCWPNAVDATA Folder. Does it need to be updatet if I use the new magdec.bgl from AVSIM? Try out Ketchikan PAKT. With the default magdec.bgl, there is no offset of the rwy/extendet centerline displayed on the map. When I use the new macdec File there is an offset. Jan-Paul

Hi, to solve the issue you must edit the wpNavAPT.txt KETCHIKAN PAKT11 07497109 55.362983-131.726128109.3010900079KETCHIKAN PAKT29 07497289 55.348261-131.701128000.0028900086The Bold sections mark the rwy as it gets displayed on the Nav Display. You need to adjust it to the new rwy hdg of the magdec file to get the extended centerline aligned with the true rwy course.

Guest fbages

Hello,I have bought PMDG 737NG 600/700 few weeks ago. Before that, I had installed FS 2004 and aerosoft add-on "eurowings 2004" (moyen-courriers in french).I am experiencing exactly the problem your are describing with ILS approachs : a deviation, and PMDG seems unable to follow correctly the ILS loc track, whereas the vertical glidescope is followed perfectly.Strangely, the plane seems to take into account the actual position of the runway just before landing, so it tries to correct at the last moment before landing the tracking error and its of course leads to a crash !I updated the navdata to cycle 704, but it did not change anything.Have you finally managed to solve your problem ? Is there a knowledge database where I could find a solution ?You mention the magdec.bgl file : I checked, mine is the FS9 original one. Could it be corrupted ? Anyway, I am glad to have found that my problem was known, I was getting mad !

Guest mcalpinep

Do a search for magdec.bgl on avsim library - there is an updated file from 2005 which did help me - I no longer have the same issue even after updating to the latest airac.(If you want to send a private message I will send you the file).Phil McAlpine.

Guest fbages

Thank you very much Phil,I found the file in the AVSIM library. I will test the new magdec.bgl next week-end !RegardsFabrice