Sign in to follow this  
Guest glassb

PMDG FSX

Guest glassb

I have a question for any developer involved in ALL PMDG FSX future add-ons. What system requirements would you RECOMMEND (not minimum) for a computer for ALL upcoming PMDG FSX add-ons? Processor speed to RAM to graphics card, etc.... What would you recommend? (I know anyone could go 'all-out', but what do you think is JUST RIGHT (not top-of-the-line)?Regards,bglass

bglass,If we knew that, we'd all be rocking with that setup!Unofficially...There are so many different possible combinations of hardware and software that affect the performance of FSX and PMDG FSX products that recommending a computer that's just right would nigh be impossible.I'm using a MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.33 MHz laptop and I get decent performance with various slider settings at sparsely populated airports. My current home airport is KPMD where I get few stutters and once airborne, get pretty good FPS. Using my Athlon based desktop I get lower performance with the same settings.The PMDG FSX based products are still undergoing development so the performance window is constantly moving. The development and beta teams have varying levels of computing hardware so we may be better able to answer that queston once we're closer to a release date.Offically...

I really don't think there's hardware on the market right now that can run FSX to the level we'd all like, so we're not gonna be able to answer that question until either such hardware comes out or MS addresses the sim's performance, both of which are unknowns at this point. I wouldn't buy hardware right now assuming it's gonna be a good FSX system, just too many unknowns right now.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

No one really knows what kind of hardware FSX needs to run well. I'm afraid most machines just don't have the overhead to run FSX+ PMDG's MD11. Hopefully there will be a version for both FS9 and FSX. Things should be a little more clear when ACES releases SP1 for FSX.

>I really don't think there's hardware on the market right now>that can run FSX to the level we'd all like, so we're not>gonna be able to answer that question until either such>hardware comes out or MS addresses the sim's performance, both>of which are unknowns at this point. I wouldn't buy hardware>right now assuming it's gonna be a good FSX system, just too>many unknowns right now.Then, is there any real point in bothering Ryan?Most, if not all of us, have upgraded in anticipation of the requirements for FSX. In doing so we have got FS9 running sweetly now.Surely in light of this knowledge, PMDG in their wisdom would be better devoting their efforts to further enhancing their models for FS9?If the MD-11, the NGX and the Airbus is going to hang in FSX? the furore that will result in these columns is going to give PMDG's reputation for excellence a rather large KNOCK.If I was you, I would concentrate on FS9 until the majority has become hardware compatible?

Dave Taylor gb.png

You're going to need one of the new graphics cards that supports DX10.. how well they run FSX I don't know.. but considering I have a pretty good card already.. ATI X850 XT PE.. and that can hardly run it.. hardware requirements are going to be pretty high I think.. If you've got a system with PCI-E graphics on the motherboard.. I would just upgrade the graphics card first.. and see how it goes.. If you've got AGP... to be honest.. you might as well upgrade everything.. It's going to cost about

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest michsul

I am running a Core2Duo E6300 processor, 2gb RAM, Nvidia 7300LE 256MB graphics. I get decent performance, with just a couple of glitches in more populated scenery, but it's by no means screaming. I've been told by a MS developer that pretty much all of their FS versions have been built to work well on what WILL BE high end machines in about TWO YEARS. That extends the longevity of their products and explains why FS9 works so well on high end machine of today. Don't quote me on that, but that's what I've been told.