Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogdog1985

Fluctuating wind conditions

Guest dogdog1985

Fluctuating I was flying B744 at FL330, the wind was fluctuating from 259/118(Tail) to 320/28(Head), as it kept changing, sometimes the A/C over-speed, finally the A/C overstessed when the wind JUMP to 330/49.So what should I do in the fluctuating condition

Patrick,You asked the very same question in the PSS forum.... Which aircraft were you actually flying?S

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.8 Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | GeForce GTX1080 8Gb | MoBo: ASUS Maximus IX Hero | RAM: 32Gb DDR4 2666 | SSDs: 500Gb Samsung M.2 EVO960 (Win drive), 240 Gb Kingston HyperX 3K (P3D drive) | Monitor: 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Win 10 Pro 64-Bit | Prepar3d v4.5.12 Professional | FTX Global, OpenLC EU, NA | AS16 & ASCA | Chaseplane

Guest dogdog1985

>Patrick,>>You asked the very same question in the PSS forum.... Which>aircraft were you actually flying?>>S

Enable wind smoothing in FSUIPC (you will need the registered version). This will slow down the wind changes and reduce their effects on airspeed.Airspeed in FS is hyper-sensitive to wind changes. Don't know if this is altered in FSX. I hear not.

Phil Brown