Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

simple question for 747

I have been away from the pmdg fms on the 747 for a while . I need a little refresh on a particular pointI program a flight plan and then if I want to set a crossing alt I think I can enter it in a form speed/alt, but the fms wont let me do it , It always say invalid entry ( or something like that) basic but something is wrong.??does this make sense?peterPeter K P.EngCF-MMZToronto Ontario CanadaPMDG 747,737and 747FLevel D 767PSS Airbus pro A340-300In reality, a Mooney 201 Pilot

I'm not sure of the particular function you're in while trying to accomplish this, but I'll offer my insight anyway.I'm not sure what the story is when on the LEGS page, *before* you EXECute the full flight plan, but I know it is possible to enter the restraints after EXECution.To do this, I always enter the information in the form SSS/AAAAA, where 'S' is speed and 'A' is altitude.If I knew exactly what flight conditions were present and what you were doing at the time (park, climb, descent, etc), I could probably help you better.You can also probably remedy this by looking in the Manual.Restraints programming is explained in on page 26 of Chapter 12, which is the FMC Users Guide.That's your best bet. If that doesn't work, post what phase of flight plan entry or flight you are in.Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

>I'm not sure of the particular function you're in while>trying to accomplish this, but I'll offer my insight anyway.>>I'm not sure what the story is when on the LEGS page, *before*>you EXECute the full flight plan, but I know it is possible to>enter the restraints after EXECution.>>To do this, I always enter the information in the form>SSS/AAAAA, where 'S' is speed and 'A' is altitude.>>If I knew exactly what flight conditions were present and what>you were doing at the time (park, climb, descent, etc), I>could probably help you better.>>You can also probably remedy this by looking in the Manual.>Restraints programming is explained in on page 26 of Chapter>12, which is the FMC Users Guide.>>That's your best bet. If that doesn't work, post what phase>of flight plan entry or flight you are in.>>KyleThanks. Ive been flying this aircraft for a while but left to it alone to go and learn the a340 airbus. A different way of thinking for sure. So when I came back I actually had to relearn a few things. I was in crz when this happened. Maybe I forgot to execute, but my flight plan was active . I will try again. I had this working perfectly before so perhaps I just screwed it upThanksPeter

>>I'm not sure of the particular function you're in while>>trying to accomplish this, but I'll offer my insight anyway.>>>>I'm not sure what the story is when on the LEGS page,>*before*>>you EXECute the full flight plan, but I know it is possible>to>>enter the restraints after EXECution.>>>>To do this, I always enter the information in the form>>SSS/AAAAA, where 'S' is speed and 'A' is altitude.>>>>If I knew exactly what flight conditions were present and>what>>you were doing at the time (park, climb, descent, etc), I>>could probably help you better.>>>>You can also probably remedy this by looking in the Manual.>>Restraints programming is explained in on page 26 of Chapter>>12, which is the FMC Users Guide.>>>>That's your best bet. If that doesn't work, post what phase>>of flight plan entry or flight you are in.>>>>Kyle>>Thanks. Ive been flying this aircraft for a while but left to>it alone to go and learn the a340 airbus. A different way of>thinking for sure. So when I came back I actually had to>relearn a few things. I was in crz when this happened. Maybe I>forgot to execute, but my flight plan was active . I will try>again. I had this working perfectly before so perhaps I just>screwed it up>Thanks>>Peter>>> You cannot modify it while in CRZ MODE. You must use SPD INTERVENTION.Best,Randy J. Smith<<>>

Randy J Smith

>>>I'm not sure of the particular function you're in while>>>trying to accomplish this, but I'll offer my insight>anyway.>>>>>>I'm not sure what the story is when on the LEGS page,>>*before*>>>you EXECute the full flight plan, but I know it is possible>>to>>>enter the restraints after EXECution.>>>>>>To do this, I always enter the information in the form>>>SSS/AAAAA, where 'S' is speed and 'A' is altitude.>>>>>>If I knew exactly what flight conditions were present and>>what>>>you were doing at the time (park, climb, descent, etc), I>>>could probably help you better.>>>>>>You can also probably remedy this by looking in the Manual.>>>Restraints programming is explained in on page 26 of>Chapter>>>12, which is the FMC Users Guide.>>>>>>That's your best bet. If that doesn't work, post what>phase>>>of flight plan entry or flight you are in.>>>>>>Kyle>>>>Thanks. Ive been flying this aircraft for a while but left>to>>it alone to go and learn the a340 airbus. A different way of>>thinking for sure. So when I came back I actually had to>>relearn a few things. I was in crz when this happened. Maybe>I>>forgot to execute, but my flight plan was active . I will>try>>again. I had this working perfectly before so perhaps I just>>screwed it up>>Thanks>>>>Peter>>>>>>>> You cannot modify it while in CRZ MODE. You must use SPD>INTERVENTION.Interesting, I always thought you could enter a constraint at a fix . In other words enter a speed/alt at a fix , then right select.>Peter>>>Best,>Randy J. Smith>><<LCD>>>

You can but not at crz, this is how it really works in RL too.Best,Randy J. Smith<<>>

Randy J Smith