Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

FS2Crew for PMDG 747

>All of that may happen in the future.>>The missing component right now is a text-to-voice generator>that sounds 100 percent human.>>The technology is getting close, but it's still a few years>away. Even the best stuff I've heard still sounds noticeably>non-human.It astonishes me how fast technology is moving. Take FSX for example. The graphics and FS environment are amazing. Then again this is also a good example of how technology can move too fast!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

I tryed FDC last year and was disappointed with it. I developed a user file for specific planes and the next time I wanted to fly that plane and loaded the user file for it I noticed that FDC does not save all the changes I made. So I have to manually adjust some of them again. A glitch but FDC is ment to love all serve all.However, FS2Crew is taylor made for specific birds and works like a charm with them. And like Mr. York said, having a professional Captain, speaking for us makes it all better, just as long as Mr. Foor is available to FS2Crew for some time to come ;-) I had parked my lovely 767-300ER until I got the FS2Crew version for it. Now I'm learning to drive the ATR and the 747 again with the newly adopted crewI'm also lucky that Mr. York chose to go after the exact birds that I had gone for: ATR72-500, LDS767 and PMDG747 (hoping that FS2Crew is on the lookout for the A320 (SDK) contenders out there ;-).So to all of you who think FS2Crew is robotic, dont even bother with FDC.BTW, the real dynamics come from dealing with the weather and traffic, not engaging in a conversation with the ground crew.Golli.

Bryan,I have decided that tonight I'm gonna give FS2Crew 744 a bash once more.. and see how I get on.. I am going to try the monitored approach and the FO doing the take off.. see how it all goes.. Craig

Craig Read, EGLL