Sign in to follow this  
VIPERGTSR01

747 V2 engine failure

I wanted to try some engine failure takeoffs (just prior to V2) and selected it for engine 1 in the PMDG failures menu.After I pass V1, engine 1 does fail but I get no audible master Warning/Caution at all, I only see amber messages come up on the upper EICAS. Is this correct?Jay

Jay Vorkapic

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Jay,yes its correct. Warnings are inhibited untill 400ft agl or V1+ a certain number of seconds,20-25 or there abouts I forget the exact figure.Quite often the first indication of an engine failure is the generator dropping off line as its frequency goes out of tollerence,so you just get an ELEC GEN eicascheersJon

I forgot to mention, with a set of rudder pedals the engine failure flight model is VERY realistic with this product.At least compared to full motion sims.cheersJon

>Quite often the first indication of an engine failure is the>generator dropping off line as its frequency goes out of>tollerence,so you just get an ELEC GEN eicasI thought that the unexplained departure from the centerline would come first?Paul

>Jay,>yes its correct. Warnings are inhibited untill 400ft agl or>V1+ a certain number of seconds,20-25 or there abouts I forget>the exact figure.>Quite often the first indication of an engine failure is the>generator dropping off line as its frequency goes out of>tollerence,so you just get an ELEC GEN eicas>>cheers>>JonThanks, I had a feeling it was like that so it doesn't overload the pilots with panic at the critical time causing them to do something rash.I have rudder control on my flight stick and it works well but I hear actual rudder pedals are a much better and worth it, Ill have to look into it thanks.

Jay Vorkapic

pmdg_trijet.jpg

>>>>I thought that the unexplained departure from the centerline>would come first?>>Pauloften not no,its the message in your peripheral vision followed by a swing which may be quite slow,especialy if its an inboard faliure.Its not like the sudden violent yaw of a piston twinJon