Sign in to follow this  
Babu

Imported SID/STAR file error for KIAD

Ladies/Gentlemen,When entering KIAD as the departure airport and LSZH as the arrival airport on the route page in the FMC, a error shows up at the scratch pad in the FMC which reads, "Err: OSDAN unknown" as seen in the picture.Anyone knows what causing this, how to fix this error?.Thanking you,Best Regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Guest staang

Hello AftabThe error is in the LSZH procedures. I don't have LSZH so I'm guessing that OSDAN is used either as a FIX or as a NAVAID so the problem probably is one of two things. 1. If OSDAN is used as a FIX then it is not defined in the FIXES section and needs to be.2. If OSDAN is used as a NAVAID then it's not listed in the wpNavFIX.txt file but should be.Unless you can fix that type problem you need to ask the LSZH or AIRAC author if they can fix it.RegardsTerry

Just to add to Terry's response... a SIDSTAR file is loaded by the FMC as soon as you select origination or destination (if the file exists).Authors of these files provide their names and email contact info in the file, which is a text file. In most cases, they are eager to learn about bugs in their files so please try to contact them.Usually the problem is an outdated file, for which the solution is getting a current version from http://navdata.at (assuming it is non-US or UK)I believe the correct location for navaids is wpNavAID.txtHope this helps

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest staang

Hi Dan>Just to add to Terry's response...Good expansion. Good advice.>I believe the correct location for navaids is wpNavAID.txtYou are correct for radio navaids. In this case though the waypoint in question is a 5 letter code/name, OSDAN, which puts it in the fix/intersection category I believe. RegardsTerry

Hello Terry, I do not remember which author's files I updated my navigation data with, as per Dan's advice I updated my navigation data files from Navdata's website, but the Error message is still there.Is there any particular procedure to redownload and replace the navigation data diffrently so the error message disappears. Thanking you,Best Regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Aftab: Open the file LSZH.txt in the .../PMDG/SIDSTARS directory. The file should have the name of the author and their email so you can contact them directly.You can correct the error in the LSZH.txt file yourself, as a challenge and opportunity to learn a lot more about terminal procedures. Terry has an excellent tutorial at planepath.comYou can change the name of the file to LSZH.bak and verify that the error goes away. This confirms that the error is in that file, if you wish you can leave it that way and fly without procedures at that location... especially if it just a departure. You don't need the procedures to just take off and fly to your first enroute fix.Good luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello Dan,I changed the name for LSZH.txt file to LSZH.bak, and verify and confirm that "LSZH: Err OSDAN unknown" message is not displayed anymore.Opening the text file for LSZH I see the author's name and email adress listed in it, and also, I see a refrence to OSDAN under approach VORDME 28. I will read Terry's guide on making the terminal procedures, kindly guide me where to make the required adjustment in the LSZH .txt file so the procedures are installed again without errors messages.Thanking You,Best Regards,Aftab.

AFTAB HINGORO

Guest staang

Hello Aftab>I see a refrence to OSDAN under approach VORDME 28Easiest thing to do is write the author but if you want to fix it yourself then first verify that there really should be an OSDAN waypoint in the IAP. If so then all you probably need to do is define the OSDAN fix in the FIXES section of your LSZH.txt file. The format of the one line you need to add is simple and is described in my tutorial you can download using this link, http://planepath.com/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi...cedures_5th.zip . Page one, FIXES section has the details. My old AIRAC shows OSDAN lat/long as N 47 29.03 E 8 49.23 Happy flyingRegardsTerry