Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

direct to from any point

Is this possible?lets say im flying without an active route and I decide to fly to a new destination.How do i do that with the fmcMy thought was to a create a fix at my current location and that would be my dept point in the fmc and my new dest would obviously be the new arrival fix.Is that correct or is there a more simple way, PeterPeter K P.EngCF-MMZToronto Ontario CanadaPMDG 747,737and 747FLevel D 767PSS Airbus pro A340-300In reality, a Mooney 201 Pilot

Once you're underway, you can only have one departure point; however, you can goto anywhere by entering into the top of the legs page... you might want to change to MCP HDG while you're playing. I do something very similar all the time when I'm testing departures and arrivals to keep from flying the whole route everytime.'Course, you know about having to EXEC to implement the changes.

Dan Downs KCRP

Peter,what you describe sounds like a typical behaviour for many people using desktop simulators... hop in and off we go! I've done that too...Now speaking of that it might interest you that we'll take care of it for the MD-11! Meaning... should you really take off without putting ANYTHING into the FMS the aircraft will do exactly what the real one would. For that we took the time and did that in the level-d simulator to note and check everything that happens in such a case. And believe me there are quite some differences between a normal procedures take-off and one with no preparation at all. And all that will be modelled accurately! :) Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>Peter,>>what you describe sounds like a typical behaviour for many>people using desktop simulators... hop in and off we go! I've>done that too...>>Now speaking of that it might interest you that we'll take>care of it for the MD-11! Meaning... should you really take>off without putting ANYTHING into the FMS the aircraft will do>exactly what the real one would. For that we took the time and>did that in the level-d simulator to note and check>everything that happens in such a case. And believe me there>are quite some differences between a normal procedures>take-off and one with no preparation at all. And all that will>be modelled accurately! :) >>Regards,>MarkusNow you went and whetted our appetites... :) what are some of the differences?Paul