Sign in to follow this  
Guest psouthan

Problem with a number of issues

Guest psouthan

Hello,Can someone kindly answer the following questions for me and how I might resolve them. They all apply to flying with the PMDG 747:1. (When using Sqauwbox3)I click on the "b" stroke key to set the altimeter and the SB box pops up. How can I stop this?2. When using FS2Crew with the 747 PMDG on an ILS approach I try to loc the localiser and approach by pressing the approach and loc buttons on the PMDG but it wont let me when flying with Fs2crew.3. I know my motherboard is on its last legs, I have just installed FS9 will the fact that i am starting to get bizzarre behaviour on my windows xp ruin my new FS9 installation or will I be able to simple insert the new motherboard without it affecting any software installs.Thank youPaul

>Hello,>Can someone kindly answer the following questions for me and>how I might resolve them. They all apply to flying with the>PMDG 747:We can try!>1. (When using Sqauwbox3)I click on the "b" stroke key to set>the altimeter and the SB box pops up. How can I stop this?Sounds like a question to ask in the Squawkbox forum, no?>2. When using FS2Crew with the 747 PMDG on an ILS approach I>try to loc the localiser and approach by pressing the approach>and loc buttons on the PMDG but it wont let me when flying>with Fs2crew.Seems like a question to ask in the FS2Crew forum, no?>3. I know my motherboard is on its last legs, I have just>installed FS9 will the fact that i am starting to get bizzarre>behaviour on my windows xp ruin my new FS9 installation or>will I be able to simple insert the new motherboard without it>affecting any software installs.A motherboard installation will most definitely affect everything in Windows XP - at a minimum, you'll need new chipset drivers installed, if you're lucky enough for Windows XP to start after moving your disks onto the new setup. Most likely though is that you're looking at a reinstall.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest psouthan

Thank you for your constructive advice.Paul

Paul,You definitely want a clean XP install from scratch after a major hardware change like a motherboard - trust me I've tried it. (and failed big time!) It's just too much of a shock to the system - all the interupts and other resource mappings will change, not too mention all the drivers for the different parts of the motherboard.The only exception might be if you were swapping for the exact same model mobo and set it up with the cards in the exact same slots, same drive config, same BIOS settings before booting XP etc...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Paul,As for question nr 1, could it just be a question of assigning keystrokes to some functions?Maybe you should just assign another key in your squawkbox3 - or another keystroke for the altimeter setting in FS9.With question 2 it could be the same story, look what the keystrokes are with FS2Crew and look if there are no "interfering" keystrokes.I have no other solution, sorry